PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Exit Queue Addition

Ian
05-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Looks like another little "plus" was added to the exit queue at Haunted Mansion.

This little beauty made an appearance some time between Wednesday and Friday:

Joannelet
05-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Very cute!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-26-2012, 09:22 AM
oh fun!

Itchy
05-26-2012, 10:34 AM
I was wondering where my kids went...:blush:

Basket Mommy
05-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Awesome!

LandFan
05-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Awesome!! It's nice to know they are still adding little things here and there. I figured HM was done now.

MargaretMessler
05-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Oh, I'm going to have to remember to check that out! After so many trips, you can only take just so many shots of the same ride queues, ride signs, etc. I try to find new and interesting shots to put myself or whomever I am travelling into.

darthmacho
05-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Wow, those animatronics look so real...!

Crow
05-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Wow, those animatronics look so real...!
:D nice to know they still do some plussing

Buttercup
05-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Cute!
I wonder if that's going to lead to a log-jam of people trying to exit the ride though...
I can totally see my kids having their pictures taken there!

ANG
05-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Neat! I'll be sure to check it out.

Melanie
05-27-2012, 09:53 PM
I went on a search this morning for this new addition, and had a hard time finding it. It's literally right outside the exit doors (I couldn't tell from Ian's pic), right by the Loving Wives crypt. It's kind of oddly placed, in my opinion. :shrug: Cute though!

DizneyFreak2002
05-27-2012, 11:18 PM
I guess I'll be the one to say it.. Another useless addition to HM and one that is not needed, like the queue... Whatever... Not something I would waste my time waiting for or posing in, on or with for a picture... If people do, fine... Just as long as this doesn't create a jam at the exit...

Stu29573
05-28-2012, 12:16 PM
I guess I'll be the one to say it.. Another useless addition to HM and one that is not needed, like the queue... Whatever... Not something I would waste my time waiting for or posing in, on or with for a picture... If people do, fine... Just as long as this doesn't create a jam at the exit...

Actually, this doesnt bother me as much as the stuff at the entrance does. At least this is after the guest has experienced all the " supernatural" stuff and doesnt blow the experience by letting the cat out of the bag before they are even in the house. I still think all that interactive stuff needs to go at the exit.....if at all....

Crow
05-28-2012, 01:55 PM
well this doesnt bother me as much as when they close rides, dont fix them or just make meet and greets

DizneyFreak2002
05-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Actually, this doesnt bother me as much as the stuff at the entrance does. At least this is after the guest has experienced all the " supernatural" stuff and doesnt blow the experience by letting the cat out of the bag before they are even in the house. I still think all that interactive stuff needs to go at the exit.....if at all....

I'm with you with the queue... I think the queue was extremely unnecessary... I don't think I would have minded it so much if it weren't so stinking noisy... And to think, when FastPass+ comes online, we will have no choice but to use that queue... Agh...

kakn7294
05-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Well, I like it and I like the interactive stuff in the line. It's Disney World, it's supposed to be FUN!

Stu29573
05-28-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm with you with the queue... I think the queue was extremely unnecessary... I don't think I would have minded it so much if it weren't so stinking noisy... And to think, when FastPass+ comes online, we will have no choice but to use that queue... Agh...

Arg, indeed! There goes the whole mood buildup!

Buttercup
05-28-2012, 07:39 PM
I'll say this: I don't sweat the small stuff. :thumbsup:
I'm all for additions and plusses.

Ian
05-28-2012, 07:47 PM
It's kind of oddly placed, in my opinion.I had the same thought. It's just sort of plunked down there. A little weird.

Stu29573
05-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I'll say this: I don't sweat the small stuff. :thumbsup:
I'm all for additions and plusses.

Which begs the question, "When is a 'plus' not a 'plus'?" I would say the answer is, "When it detracts rather than adds." I don't think this addition does either, really. I do think the junk dumped in the preshow area fall in the second category. Oh well, just my opinion and we know how much that is worth! :thumbsup:

i'm grumpy
05-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Oh my gosh. I saw that and didn't know what it was. I do think the dividing screen in the line blocks the flow of air. :fan:

CuteAsMinnie
05-29-2012, 08:25 AM
I think it's cute!

#1donaldfan
05-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Gesh, what a bunch of downers !!! I can't wait to see it, stand in line for it, snap a few pictures at it, and if I happen to accidently hold someone up for a few seconds, oh well !! We all typically pay the price of admission, so if it's there for "someone's" enjoyment, good !!!! Really, how much could that possibly hold you up anyway ???? :cool:

Lizzy
05-29-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm actually kind of bummed it wasn't there last weekend when I was there. It looks like a cute photo op

shadowden
05-30-2012, 11:40 AM
well this doesnt bother me as much as when they close rides, dont fix them or just make meet and greets

Agreed!

DizneyFreak2002
06-11-2012, 08:45 PM
This photo op is now gone... Wound up only being a test...

Wolf
06-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Gesh, what a bunch of downers !!! I can't wait to see it, stand in line for it, snap a few pictures at it, and if I happen to accidently hold someone up for a few seconds, oh well !! We all typically pay the price of admission, so if it's there for "someone's" enjoyment, good !!!! Really, how much could that possibly hold you up anyway ???? :cool:

I totally agree, I'm excited to see this!! I'll probably be that person who takes a picture and aggros the whole crowd. Oh well. :thedolls:

Melanie
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I totally agree, I'm excited to see this!! I'll probably be that person who takes a picture and aggros the whole crowd. Oh well. :thedolls:

Looks like it's already been removed. Just a test, only a test. :hmghost:

Katzateer
06-12-2012, 11:55 AM

Really?? I love the new queue.

So I guess it is nice they have one line to bypass all those additions.

Wolf
06-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Looks like it's already been removed. Just a test, only a test. :hmghost:

Oh no! :< hmm...maybe itll be back in Oct! ^.^

DizneyFreak2002
06-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Really?? I love the new queue.

So I guess it is nice they have one line to bypass all those additions.

You can't escape the noise... And when FastPass Plus comes online, you won't be able to escape it without the use of FP+.... You will be FORCED to use that queue line if you don't FP the ride...

DizneyFreak2002
06-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Oh no! :< hmm...maybe itll be back in Oct! ^.^

Who knows what they were testing out...Probably to see how much money they can make off of this...

HYPOTHESIS: How much money can we make on getting people to stop for a PhotoPass picture of a prop at the exit of a ride...

TEST: Place prop at exit of HM... See how many people stop top take pictures...

ANALYSIS: 100 people a day times $20 bucks for a PhotoPass picture equals.. MORE MONEY THEY WON'T SPEND ON UPGRADING THE PARK... ;)

PeterPan
06-17-2012, 10:58 PM
I really, really like all the "plussing" that The Haunted Mansion has gone through over the past couple of years. Just more icing on an already very delicious cake...