PDA

View Full Version : Live from AS Sports

Dixie Springs
05-25-2012, 06:24 PM
One more day left, but thought I'd post live and leave tomorrow's events unknown...

As I've done in the past, I'll be brief and categorize under 'good' and 'bad',

Good Stuff:

First trip with new granddaughter. At 1 year old, she is assimilating into the Disney universe nicely. She received the serum at guest services, and now says 'Mickey'.;)

Our niece is 'friends' with Mickey (her 7th and final year as a CM). Watching her open MK as 'boss-man' was awesome. She then arranged a private meet & greet for us in an office in city hall. Minnie, Donald & Goofy were also in attendance. DW and DD in tears, granddaughter in awe. As if that wasn't enough, we got some special Mickey attention during Move It/Shake It. Busy girl here!

Our niece provided us park entry every day.:thumbsup: Don't worry - we shelled out a huge chunk of cash for something else (see 'bad stuff').

Star Tours. Haven't been here in 3 years (which = eternity for us), so this is old news for most. Wow. Refurb is a doozy.

Surf's Up. Fav AS resort. Close to pool and food court. Plus, not the usual hordes of band/sports/cheerleader tweens indigenous to AS. Must be good time of year to come here.

Time with family (should have been first). A lot of effort to line up 6 individuals' work/school schedules.

Weather.

$1,200 in Disney Visa rewards to spend (been saving for a while). Always pay off card at the end of each month, so this translated into free food for all the whole trip, and then some!

Bad Stuff

$1,100 car repair bill. Rear bearings went south (just like us). But, now they are magical Disney bearings (work performed at car care center on property).

Air conditioning on many rides was weak or entirely absent. Must be earth-week or something.

DHS today. Gads. Swarms of Star Wars nerds made for a very crowded park. Understand it's very important to them - just sayin'.

faline
05-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Must be great fun to introduce a grandbabby to Disney World!

We also noticed the lack of air conditioning on a few rides during our most recent trip. The other thing I noticed was that the water pressure in the rest rooms was VERY low. Many of the "electronic eyes" on the faucets seemed to be non-functional - wasn't sure whether that was an age issue or a pressure issue.

January-2007
05-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Sounds wonderful, thank you for sharing!

Crow
05-27-2012, 11:16 PM
sounds good. nice to have an insider...( well my ex works there still i think but I wont go there..)
Ill be down there Tues so hope to add reports also
enjoy:thumbsup: