PDA

View Full Version : Large Family Trip - Pre-Trip Report

sonamae80
05-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Well, we are one week away from heading out for our wonderous week at WDW! I can't tell you how excited I am! Probably more so than my kids! LOL! Here are the details so far:

Cast:

My Family:
Me - SKA
DH - NGA, my hubby!
DD - SLA, Turning 6 on this trip!
DS - GLA, 23 months old, 1st trip to WDW
My Parents:
DY - "Yaya", my Mom
DP - "Pop", my Dad
My Brother's Family:
DB - CAK, my brother
DSIL - BDK, my sister-in-law
(these two /\ are celebrating their 2nd anniversary on this trip!)
DN - MDW, my nephew

So, 9 of us! Gonna be a crazy trip, but I couldn't be happier about it! :)

Dates: June 1st - June 9th
Place: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village

Travel Day/June 1st:
We (My family and My Parents) are heading out around 2:00 pm this day! We will be driving to Savannah, GA and spending the night! My Brother's Family has to attend my DN's preschool/Pre-K graduation at 6:00 this night, so they will be heading out after us and likely won't get to Savannah before midnight!

Arrival Day / June 2nd:
We will head out around 9:00 or so and finish up the last 4 hour stretch to WDW! Plans are to check if our room is ready (I pray it is!), if it is, we will unpack, if it isn't, we'll store our luggage and off to MK we will go! We have dinner reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern! Then, it will probably be an early bedtime in order to be well rested for the next day!

June 3rd:
Not sure which park we will hit this morning! We have dinner reservations at Tutto Italia, so we will likely end our day at Epcot! Can't wait to see the new renovations of Tutto!

June 4th:
Since AK has EMH, we will likely start out there! DD and DN have an afternoon appt at the Pirates League! DN will be getting the "Jake" make-over and DD will be getting the mermaid make-over! We will then make a bolt over to Epcot for our dinner reservations as Chefs de France. Finishing up the night with the Tomorrowland Dessert party!

June 5th:
Breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's! And dinner reservations at T-Rex!

June 6th: (DB & DSIL's 2nd Anniversary)
This has been deemed the "Lazy Day". We will probably hit Blizzard Beach on this day, and probably come back to the hotel and hang at their pool too! DB is surprising DSIL with tickets to the Cirque show, then they are having a late dinner at Kouzzina afterwards! The rest of us will be having dinner at Boma this night!

June 7th: DD's 6th Birthday
Breakfast at CRT for the birthday princess! We opted to do the "Royal Highness" package, so she'll get to have cake with her breakfast! :) Today will be whatever the birthday girl wants to do, which will likely be to stay in MK and ride IASM over and over and over again! LOL! Dinner will be at Rainforest Cafe (her pick) at AK.

June 8th:
Last full day at WDW! :( DD and DN have late afternoon reservations at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for make-overs! We have early dinner reservations at Le Cellier, but this might be changing! We will likely end the day at our resort pool!

June 9th:
Departure Day! :( I always hate this day! 9 -10 hour drive back to NC.

So, that's our trip in a nutshell! :) I'm super excited and hope I can do some live trip reports while I'm down there! If I don't get to, you can bet on a full run down when we return!

I am so happy I found INTERCOT! It has been so helpful and I have learned so much! So, thank you to everyone! ;) :mickey:

faline
05-25-2012, 11:42 AM
What a wonderful trip you have planned! And so many happy celebrations to take place at Disney World! What fun! :mickey:

January-2007
05-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the pre trip report, I hope you all have a wonderful time.