PDA

View Full Version : Ohana's Breakfast Bread

Dulcee
05-25-2012, 10:09 AM
*Mods this may not belong here, feel free to move me along :)

My Fiance's birthday is Sunday. He's requested Ohana's bread pudding for dessert so I need to make the Ohana breakfast bread. Only problem, we never do Ohana's for breakfast. So while I've found the recipe for it I'm a bit confused on how the end product is suppose to turn out.

"Pour the coconut pineapple mixture into the middle of the bread and then fold the bread over itself until you have a formed, sealed rectangular dough sandwich.

Using a pizza cutter cut squares into the dough.

Place dough in the oven to rise..."

So for you folks who do Ohana's for breakfast, is this bread suppose to be a loaf form? Rolls? Or more like a pull apart bread??

I bake all the time but the directions on this recipe are a bit ambiguous to say the least.

AgentC
05-25-2012, 11:26 AM
I consider it a pull apart bread but it is served in a small rectangle shape as opposed to the circle shape that a lot of the breakfast breads have.

ElenitaB
05-25-2012, 08:05 PM
I think the best way to think of it, is as a King's Cake laid out straight instead of shaped into a ring or as a strudel, but made with bread dough. You then cut it into long rectangles. The last step really doesn't matter much as you'll be cutting your bread into pieces anyway when you make the bread pudding.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Dulcee
05-29-2012, 01:28 PM
For anyone who might care... this was a huge, huge success.

We've made the bread pudding before with french bread but it just wasn't the same. Using the breakfast bread recipe as the base was phenomenal. Totally worth the time and effort!