PDA

View Full Version : 19 year old at Poly

tink2006
05-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Will my DS19 enjoy the Poly or will he find it a little on the boring side? He just finish his freshman year in college and I am just very happy that he is still willing to go on vacation with mom and dad...granted it is WDW and the Poly :mickey:

Thanks

DisneyDINK
05-25-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure the hotel will matter too much. I'm sure he'll take off on his own a few times and gravitate towards whatever he's into.

When I was 20 my college roommate took me on a free cruise on the Holland America Line which is geared toward an older crowd than, say, Carnival. I still had a lot of fun.

After a year of dorm food and studies a trip to DW probably sounds pretty good to him. Sure, he might meet more 'kids" his age at a Vaule, but I'll bet he'd rather stay at the Poly.

mydisneygirls
05-25-2012, 10:31 AM
I think he will love it!!!

Scott C
05-25-2012, 01:56 PM
I think he will like it fine -- where does he go to school??

Scott C

Scott C
05-25-2012, 02:44 PM
To elaborate a bit -- I am sure that he will enjoy the pool area. One big advantage is the late night food availability at Captain Cooks. Also the fact that it is on the monorail loop will make it easier for him to get around. My kids also like the boating opportunities on SSL.

Thanks
Scott C

tink2006
05-25-2012, 04:13 PM
He goes to Earlham College in Richmond, IN. they offer May Term which he is participating in this year. He finishes up at the end of May. I thought a Disney trip at the beginning of June would be perfect :mickey:

Kairi_7378
05-25-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm sure he will like the Poly between the theme and the fantastic transportation options.

jwallace378
05-27-2012, 01:44 PM
I went to WDW twice with my parents while in college. I stayed at Caribbean Beach and Old Key West...he'll find things to do in any resort I think. I met people my age in both places. I played basketball, ping pong, arcade games, etc...just with people I met at the resorts.

Fastpasssteve
05-31-2012, 12:56 AM
You're taking a 19 year old boy to a place that has one of the best pools onsite filled with young women in bikinis...and you're wondering if he will have a good time. Hmmmm???

Plus, the two water parks???

There are lots of young people who go to the parks alone in the evening and meet up with other people their age. WDW is the safest flirting zone I have ever imagined. He'll be just fine.

It's a monorail resort. Nobody ever complained about being at one of the nicest resorts.