PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's hair

tinkwest
05-24-2012, 02:57 PM
I haven't heard any mention of Ariel's new hairdo in the "Under the Sea" portion of the Little Mermaid attraction at DCA. I know a lot of people had issues with her original hair. I think the new hairdo is nice and should please everyone. Here's a look through my crummy phone camera (no flash photography please!).

Carol
05-24-2012, 03:05 PM
I actually liked the Dairy Queen Swirl. :D

DVC2004
05-24-2012, 03:22 PM
We've never been on but plan to do it this time. What did her old 'do look like?

Melanie
05-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Uh, you mean they actually went in and changed it? I had heard the WDW version wouldn't have the ice cream swirl, but didn't realize they were doing away with it in CA.

2Epcot
05-24-2012, 07:44 PM
We've never been on but plan to do it this time. What did her old 'do look like?

You can find video of the old hair by checking youtube and looking for "ice cream" hair on Ariel.

Uh, you mean they actually went in and changed it? I had heard the WDW version wouldn't have the ice cream swirl, but didn't realize they were doing away with it in CA.

It was changed a couple of weeks ago. I think they took WDW's Ariel and reworked it first for DCA, and then will do the WDW version. I may be mistaken if it was this particular figure, but I know they have taken advantage of WDW's version opening later, to make adjustments for DCA's Little Mermaid.

Carol
05-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Underwater;

Carol
05-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Movie version;

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
05-25-2012, 01:09 AM
I think the new hair looks better until the back part moves. The it looks even worse than the aliens about to burst of the ice cream-do that she had before.

:funny:

:smickey: