PDA

View Full Version : "Cars" themed monorails!

BrerGnat
05-24-2012, 12:24 PM
I saw some pictures of the new Cars wraps on the monorails and they are SO cool!

Does anyone have any idea how long these wraps will remain in place? We will hopefully be at DLR in November and my son would sure love to ride one of these monorails!

For the life of me, I can't remember how long the Nemo Submonorail was around...

tinkwest
05-24-2012, 12:40 PM
I rode Manny the Monorail yesterday. Yes indeed, he was very cute. Sorry, don't know how long they will remain like this.

goofyfan4466
05-24-2012, 02:13 PM
sounds really cool ! does anybody have any pictures ?

tinkwest
05-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Manny the Monorail

Melanie
05-24-2012, 06:10 PM
So cute! They were revealed on the Disney Blog last week and we actually discussed a bit on the upcoming podcast. They are all new 'friends' to the Cars characters.

Chescat
05-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Oh great picture! I only saw the back side of one of them yesterday as we left (dark blue one). It looks like its just the front since the rear car was normal. When they did the submarine ones, they lasted until end of the summer (those were the full monorail). I don't think they would want to pull the monorails out of service at their busiest time of the year.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
05-25-2012, 01:14 AM
Haven't ridden one yet but they each have unique announcements.
Will check it out this weekend and report back.

I like the tie-in to the new land, but think it is somewhat silly because how the monorail only goes THRU DCA and absolutely nowhere near Cars Land.

:smickey:

2Epcot
05-25-2012, 01:31 AM
The monorails are supposed to be promoting Cars Land, but I doubt the average guest would make the connection. That said, I still like it better than a full wrap on the monorails promoting the DCA changes.

Melanie
05-25-2012, 04:30 AM
I like the tie-in to the new land, but think it is somewhat silly because how the monorail only goes THRU DCA and absolutely nowhere near Cars Land.

Makes more sense than the Avengerail at WDW. ;)

Joannelet
05-25-2012, 07:20 AM
I saw the pics the other day of these. I think they are adorable! My sis who is also a member of INTERCOT will be there for the opening of the park. I just told her to ride one and to please take a pic for my son.
I will try to get her to write a report when she comes back. I cannot wait to hear all about it!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
05-26-2012, 02:17 AM
Mel, totally agree that it makes more sense than the WDW Avengerail.

:smickey:

Silver_Surfer
06-02-2012, 01:40 AM
Manny the Monorail

That's awsome:thumbsup: