PDA

View Full Version : April in the World Part 2

c&d
05-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Hollywood Studios: My aunt, who announced she is afraid of heights can’t wait to go on Tower of Terror. We get through the preshow and she loves the fact that its Rod Serling. I talk to her during the part when we get locked into position telling her it will be any time now and do you think we’ll go up or down. We dropped and her reaction was priceless, she doesn’t want to scream so she puts her hand over her mouth and squeaks all the while she’s trying to grab onto something to hold on. The picture is a classic, DS is sitting there, DH is looking at her, she has her hand over her mouth and I’m looking at her laughing. Star Tours, I think I like the new version of it, but I was sitting at a door seat and I didn’t get the same effects that DH got. We fastpassed Toy Story Mania, my aunt would have scored higher but she was too busy laughing. Great Movie Ride, I really like that ride, One Man’s Dream, I hadn’t seen it in years and the Backlot Tour was still fun. The parade was OK and she really enjoyed Indiana Jones and Beauty and the Beast, Mulch, Sweat and Tears we had a lot of fun listening to them. Fanstasmic she was amazed. The only thing we didn’t do was the car show. We just never manage to time it right.

Animal Kingdom: I really like this park Bug’s life it was so much fun to watch her went the bugs leave and bee stings. We walked all the trails and the animals were out and about which was nice. The gorillas were eating when we went through. The Lion King show I haven’t seen since DS was about 4, I forgot how good that show is. Since she was in a wheelchair we were seated right on the floor and Timon came up and gave her a hug. It was special. The parade was fun, we had great seats on a bench in the shade. We did the sunrise safari and it was amazing. They bring all the animals forward for the safari and it was interesting learning all about them and the differences between AK and AKL animals.

Food Glorious Food. Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey’s. The food was the usual but the characters really made the meal special for my aunt. Trails End, always our first dinner once we arrive at WL and again we really enjoyed the meal. Artist Point, I had the salmon, everyone else had the steak, yummy as always. Sci-Fi, the food was better than expected and my aunt loved all the old horror movie clips. Hoop de Doo, haven’t done it in years, we were on the floor just off to the side. It’s still a lot of fun, DS actually played his washboard. Via Napoli, I had the lasagna verde, it was very tasty. Liberty Tree, food was good, I miss that it’s no longer a character meal. Mama Melrose’s we did this as part of the Fantasmic package. I had the chicken parmesan, standard fare. Cinderella’s Table, have always wanted to dine here but with 2 guys it wasn’t happening. We had reservations at 6:30 and we didn’t get seated till almost 7:30. It turned out all the Princesses came out for dinner and no one was leaving until they saw all of them. It made dining there really special, we had a window table for 2 overlooking the carousel. It was truly magical. Ohana’s breakfast. I’m not sure how much they thought the 2 of us could eat but apparently they thought we hadn’t eaten in weeks. We were full after the Mickey head waffles.

Final thoughts: I’m so glad we finally got to take my aunt to Disney. Although she said she had been she said her husband didn’t like rides so they only walked around Epcot and watched the parade at the Magic Kingdom. The 14 days gave us plenty of time to see everything we wanted and allowed us to have down days at the pool Loved AKL club level, although I wish our room was on the same floor, we were on the fourth floor and the club level being on 6th. My aunt absolutely loved watching the animals from the balcony. I think she could have spent the entire day there.

Since April school vacation is always the 3rd week I’ve gotten used to a certain level of crowds. It was empty, they were taking walk ups at Crystal Palace, Via Napoli on a Friday night at 6:30pm, when we left at 8:00 they were just telling people they were completely booked for the night. Trails End buffet, when we ate at 7:00pm there were only about 10 tables with people. Artist Point walk ups getting seated at about 5:30pm. Makes me hope that it might be getting back to the old days when you didn’t need to plan every meal. OK, that was a silly thought on my part.

Best part, DS asked if we could buy down there so he could bring a friend next year. We explained we did own at VWL and yep bring a friend next year. :thumbsup: I thought he might not want to come again.

Thanks for reading.

shadowden
05-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the report! Seems like it was a truly magical trip for your Aunt!

Glad to hear your DS isn't to old or cool for Disney!

faline
05-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Sounds like your aunt enjoyed every minute!!

January-2007
05-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks for reporting.

mydisneygirls
05-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Glad everyone had a great time, especially your aunt!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-03-2012, 01:53 PM
It sounds like a fantastic trip. I'm glad you got to experience it with your Aunt and to show her the World that you all enjoy!