PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney- Anything Doing in the Evening?

DVC2004
05-23-2012, 11:53 AM
We arrive Sat night but don't expect to get settled and ready to go back out until 9 pm -ish. We won't be heading to the parks. Is there any entertainment in the evenings at DTD? I don't think we'll want to eat a full meal but looking to grab some bites and drinks and hang out. Is there any live music or is is just pretty much walking around the shops and restaurants?

We've been before but not since 2008. Thanks,

Disney4us2
05-23-2012, 12:18 PM
There is a lot of street performers throughout DTD. We frequent the DLH and Trader Sams area. They play Hawaiian music at night. They also have appetizers that look fantastic. I haven't had any of the food in DTD with the exception of a Wetzles Pretzles.

DVC2004
05-23-2012, 12:19 PM
There is a lot of street performers throughout DTD. We frequent the DLH and Trader Sams area. They play Hawaiian music at night. They also have appetizers that look fantastic. I haven't had any of the food in DTD with the exception of a Wetzles Pretzles.

That sounds right up our alley. I saw a little on the Disneyland website about Trader Sam's and this would be a great time to try it. Thank you!

Do you know- can you just walk in there? You don't need a reservation?

Disney4us2
05-23-2012, 12:25 PM
No reservations are needed. There is plenty of out door seating. Inside the bar, is very limited. Since my DD is 12.5 I keep her outside the bar area anyway.

There is also Tangaroa Terrace which also connects (sorta) to Trader Sams. They have a nice variety of items as well as pastries. I love the teriyaki burger with the sweet potato fries.

We will be there on Saturday if you would like a quick meet in DTD.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-23-2012, 01:44 PM
I believe the Irish dancer start around 9pm at Raglan Road and the food is pretty good there too....

DVC2004
05-23-2012, 02:14 PM
No reservations are needed. There is plenty of out door seating. Inside the bar, is very limited. Since my DD is 12.5 I keep her outside the bar area anyway.

There is also Tangaroa Terrace which also connects (sorta) to Trader Sams. They have a nice variety of items as well as pastries. I love the teriyaki burger with the sweet potato fries.

We will be there on Saturday if you would like a quick meet in DTD.

Cool, send you a PM.

Silver_Surfer
05-24-2012, 02:37 AM
What time do the stores/shops(DTD) start closing?

BrerGnat
05-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Saturday nights are always hopping at DtD DLR.

Catal has the outdoor "Uva Bar" which has fantastic drinks and really good food options too. It's located sort of in the center of Downtown Disney, almost exactly halfway between the resorts and the Esplanade.

There is usually quite a bit of outdoor musical live entertainment going on. You will find different types of stuff being played in different areas. If you are a sports fan, and there is any kind of big game going on, head to ESPN Zone. They have a jumbo screen that will broadcast outdoors, and inside has good food and drinks as well.

The food at Downtown Disney is generally excellent. I would recommend any of the TS restaurants there, as I've eaten at all of them and they are all very good.

If you are wanting Mexican food, try the Taqueria at Tortilla Jo's (I'd avoid the inside sit down, as it's not quite as good as the other TS restaurants at Downtown Disney). You can get tacos, burritos, and quesadillas for a decent price and fast!

Trader Sam's is worth checking out, although on Saturday nights it gets PACKED so it might not be so enjoyable, especially if you are really hungry. The Tangaroa Terrace next door has really good QS food options. I love the Kahlua Pork Flatbread pizza...yum!

I think you will find plenty to do at Downtown Disney on a Saturday night. Most stuff is open until 11 or 12, and some places are open until 2am, which is the "official" closing time of DtD.

BrerGnat
05-24-2012, 08:56 AM
I believe the Irish dancer start around 9pm at Raglan Road and the food is pretty good there too....

The OP is asking about Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort. :mickey:

tinkwest
05-24-2012, 11:06 AM
The Uva Bar is closed right now but the upstairs bar at Catal is open. Or there is a bar and live music - Kenny Sara and the Sounds of New Orleans on Saturday - at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.

DVC2004
05-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Aw no Uva bar? That's always a stop for us. Too bad. :(

Thanks all!