PDA

View Full Version : Dining at Big River Grille

BugeyedMuggy
05-22-2012, 06:17 PM
In July we are planning on dining at Big River Grille. This is not a restaurant that accepts reservations so my question is will we be able to park at Boardwalk Inn to dine there with no reservation to look up? Thanks in advance.

spoiledraf
05-22-2012, 10:04 PM
I would guess you could. If not, we park across the street from BW on our arrival day most trips and take in a lunch or dinner. As I recall, BRG is also not a Disney restaurant. They would not take a Disney Gift Card as payment which was a bit of a shock since we invited friends. And to be honest, although it was a few years ago, it was not the a very good experience for dinner either. But if you are going for the beer, It may be a good time.

NJDad
05-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Family members who got the burger were happy with it. We've eaten there because they don't take reservations so you can eat there on a whim.

BrerGnat
05-23-2012, 07:56 AM
We've eaten there 3 times. Walked up every time, and got seated immediately.

I would not worry about getting seated there at all. It's never very crowded.

Stick to basic fare (burgers/sandwiches) and you will be pleased. If you like :beer:, ask the server for a recommendation. They are very knowledgeable about the beers.

BugeyedMuggy
05-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the replies but the original ? was can we park at the Boardwalk to dine at Big River Grille. Usually the security checks for ressies to park in the resort lots and they are not accepted there.

TheDuckRocks
05-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Hope this helps. We often drive over to POFQ for breakfast (Mickey waffles) and CBR for lunch (Pepper Market) from OKW. Neither of these places take reservations. At the gate I just tell the guard we are going in to eat, they see my resort parking pass and ask for a photo ID. With a smile and a have a magical day, they raise the barrier and we're on our way. Can't imagine it would be any different at BWI even if you were using the valet parking service.

minnie-mouse
05-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Big River Grille does accept reservations but you need to call the restaurant directly. We have done this the past few visits as we are always a party of 6.

BrerGnat
05-23-2012, 05:34 PM
The Boardwalk is an "attraction" according to Disney. Anyone can park there to visit "The Boardwalk."

ADRs are not required nor checked at Boardwalk. My Orlando family always meets us at a restaurant at the Boardwalk when we are in town and they never have trouble parking there without reservations.

faline
05-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Big River Grille does accept reservations but you need to call the restaurant directly. We have done this the past few visits as we are always a party of 6.

Thanks for confirming what I thought. We haven't eaten there for a while but my memory was that we did have reservations.

BugeyedMuggy
05-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks everyone. This is our first time renting a car and want to take advantage of it. We have never paid attention to the ins and outs of parking ediquette. We are staying at OKW so we are staying on property.

Melanie
05-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Worst comes to worst, park at the overflow/CM parking across the street from Boardwalk entrance behind the Hess. It's perfectly accepted and always has space. We do it all the time. Enjoy!

Patricia
05-23-2012, 09:42 PM
We have always been able to park at the Boardwalk to use the services. The CM at the gate will direct you where to park.