PDA

View Full Version : DDP & Visa rewards points

Dyanna
05-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Is it possible to pay for the DDP with our Disney Visa Rewards Points? I am going to guess no just for the reason that they need your cc # so in case you miss your reservations they can charge you $10pp cancellation fee.

dizneydeb22
05-22-2012, 04:02 PM
We were able to use our points to purchase the DDP. You won't need your credit card number until you make your reservations, and then only for certain ressies, not all.

Good Luck!:mickey:

Dyanna
05-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Strange. My friend called cust service & they told her no that the DDP has to be paid by cc only. Guess I will have to call them myself.

dizneydeb22
05-22-2012, 04:10 PM
This could be a recent change. We were there in August and we were able to do it. Let me know how it turns out. We were planning on using our points for our upcoming trip in August.

Dyanna
05-22-2012, 04:22 PM
I called DVC member services & they did state that we are able to use our Visa Rewards points towards the purchase of the DDP as well as our friends staying in our villa, they too can use their points to pay for their portion. I just hope now that when we go to do this they dont give us a hard time.

dizneydeb22
05-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the update. We plan on waiting to pay for it in the beginning of August, that way we can rack up as many points as possible. I'll send you a message if I have a hard time!

Goofy4TheWorld
05-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Charges made to your account for room, tickets, or the dining plan before hand, as well as any charges you make once you arrive, are all treated the same. If you have money, in whatever form, to give to Disney they have a way to take it, and fast!

You can pay any portion of room/tickets/dining using Reward Points.