PDA

View Full Version : Taking the "Tour"

Pastcastmember1715
05-22-2012, 12:05 PM
OK, now another question: We are going to WDW the first week in June and although I am sure we will go resale we would love to tour the resorts we are interested in buying into. If you take the DVC tour will they allow you to visit the resorts you are interested in or is it just a standard "you go where we take you" type thing, and if so is there a way you can see the INSIDE of the studios/villas you maybe interested in? THANKS

mdhiggin
05-23-2012, 01:07 AM
They took us to Saratoga Springs to see the models. They have AKV, BLT, Aulani and a miniature of THV that I know of, all very nice. We had cookies, lemonade and ice cream and received VIP fast passes, good for three passes per person in your party. You can also visit any of the resorts on your on and check out the grounds and stuff, just not the rooms. I went to the BWV and saw their open house room. They had it open when we went to Welcome Home Wednesdays over there. I don't know if it's open all the time, so I would call ahead.

mdhiggin
05-23-2012, 01:09 AM
Almost forgot. BLT is closed to those without a reservation, so you can't get in without a key card, and you won't be able to check this one out on the inside of the resort.

DVC2004
05-23-2012, 11:41 AM
They also have some model rooms open at the Boardwalk if you were interested in seeing those. It's not part of the tour, but they have certain daily hours they are open and you can walk in and look around if you're in that area. They are on the ground level towards the Jellyrolls nightclub. We saw them when we were staying there in Feb.

mdhiggin
05-23-2012, 01:07 PM
What DVC2004 is talking about is the room at BWV I mentioned, but it is an actual room at Boardwalk and there are no models for other resorts there that I am aware of.

slheflin
05-24-2012, 02:07 PM
DVC rooms are all basically the same, aside from the decor. Rooms at Kidani are a little bigger than other resorts, and I believe OKW are a little smaller. A 2bd at Kidani has 3 full bathrooms, where the other resorts only have 2 in a 2bd. Studios are all going to have a microwave and small fridge. 1bd and up are going to have a full kitchen.