PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa

madhatterrules
05-22-2012, 09:06 AM
I have 2 questions'
1) Is Sanaa difficult to get to using Disney Transportation?

2) Has anyone eaten there recently and what is your opinion?

WRWDisney
05-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Getting there: No different than getting to any other resort based restaurant using Disney transportation. Just take a bus to the appropriate resort from a park (or Downtown Disney). No direct resort to resort transportation available through Disney transportation. I recommend taking a cab if you are trying to go resort to resort, but you can take Disney transportation to a park and then transfer to an AKL bus; your choice.

The Restaurant itself: Love it! The views are fantastic, the service is very good and the meal is scrumptious and unique. Definitely order the bread plate appetizer and listen to your servers guidance.

Allow yourself some extra time to explore the resort either before or after dinner and enjoy!

SBETigg
05-22-2012, 09:57 AM
We usually plan to visit AKL restaurants (we love them all) after a visit to the Animal Kingdom. We just hop on the AKL bus from the park and it's just a short hop away. When we ate at Sanaa, we went for lunch. We left AK for AKL then headed to DHS on that bus from the resort afterwards. It never really felt that out of the way because we were between parks anyway.

Sanaa- love the food, good service, and it's so fun to watch the animals if you get a table with a view. But the atmosphere is fun and transporting even if your table is set back from the windows.

Crow
05-22-2012, 11:32 AM
last yr gf & I went there to eat after visiting AK, so it was close via bus. otherwise it could b a few min to get there.
Had to wait to b seated for lunch even though had an ADR, was givin a pager and i think she (accidentally..) forgot. well im a little suspicious since my ex worked front desk and knew i was going there, she may have told the hostess to make us wait, since it wasnt busy.,i had to go back to the desk and inquire. mgr or someone did apologie and gave some extra app.
I didnt see many animals out of the window . while the flatbreads were good, i dont know that i would make a trip just to eat there. if you stay at AKL def try it. but with so many other places that i like I doubt that I will be going back unless I happen to stay at AKL in the future

AgentC
05-22-2012, 12:07 PM
We ate at Saana in April and I loved it.

We had the bread service. The Naan bread was superb. I had appetizers as my meal. The scallop was okay but I probably wouldn't get it again. The lamb kabobs and samosas were excellent. My husban enjoyed his beef short ribs.

My mom is very picky so it was a bit of a challenge for her, but she found a shrimp dish she enjoyed.

I can't comment on the travel issue since we were staying at Kidani and we always travel with a car.

If you like food that is a little different, I think it is worth the trip.

DisneyDINK
05-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Hard to get to? No, but it can take a while. It is easier if you are coming from a park or DD, then you just take the AKL buss and get off at the Kidani Village stop. I really wish there was a walking path from AK to AKL, but there isn't. Be sure to allow enough time to get there, especially if you're leaving from an MK area hotel.

I ate there last year and I liked it. Good Indian/ SE Asian/African fusion. Good menu, interesting drinks. He went for lunch and liked watching the giraffes wandering about out the windows. Service was good.

Tri Minnie
05-22-2012, 01:56 PM
We ate at Saana in December and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Like others have noted, we found the bread service to be quite tasty. The vegetarian sampler was also delicious. As someone who doesn't really care for meat, I appreciated the wide selection. My young children, who are rather adventurous eaters, also loved this meal, particularly the shrimp in green curry sauce and the spicy Durban chicken. However, as a chai tea latte fan, my favorite part of the whole meal was the Chai cream I had for dessert. I would definitely return.

Kairi_7378
05-23-2012, 09:21 PM
We had an amazing dinner there last year. My husband has spent some time in India for work, and he said that the desserts took him straight back to India (in a good way!) I believe that he had the fish dish and I had the veggie sampler, and we both had a dessert trio. We saw many animals during our meal. Before we left for the night, my son called out to the zebras that they had to go to sleep.

The only park that I would not transfor from is MK... it seems to be pretty far away from the resort.

thejens
05-29-2012, 12:27 AM
LOVE SANAA!!
Great food, great ambiance!

Mickey'sGirl
05-29-2012, 09:05 AM
We went last August, and it was the best meal of our trip. I don't think getting to the restaurant is any more difficult than getting to any resort restaurant.

This is my review:

Sanaa – Dinner
Food 5/5 Service 5/5 Atmosphere 5/5 Overall 5/5

Sanaa was a last minute addition that my husband made to our itinerary based on where we were staying (AKL), and the kind of food we like to eat (we like spice). We had a table near the window overlooking the Savannah (and our room across the way!). The boys enjoyed watching the antics of the Cranes (who really like shiny things such as cutlery). I am allergic to tree-nuts, so shortly after being seated, our server brought Chef Jenn over to discuss options with me. I had already decided on the Vegetarian sampler, and she recommended the Paneer and Spinach on it, and let me know it was a safe bet for me. So here’s what we had:

We shared Samosas to start. They were very good, but not as good as what we get locally at home (we live in a very South Asian community), and we ordered some Naan to have with our meals.
Vegetarian Sampler – Paneer and Spinach and Spicy Cauliflower, Onions, Tomatoes, and Mint with Basmati Rice. It was served in three little dishes. Portions were moderate and appropriate (though I could greedily have eaten more for sure!) Everything was fabulous, especially the Paneer and Spinach (it even made my carnivorous husband jealous!)
Curry Sampler – Spicy Chicken Durban and Coconut-Curry Lamb with Basmati Rice (served in the same fashion as the Vegetarian Sampler). Portions were a little less than moderate, but very tasty and seasoned more on the mild side. My husband was very happy with his choice.
Coho Salmon with Shrimp and Scallops served with seasonal Vegetables in a light Curry Broth. My fish loving son talked about this meal all week long. He said the Coho was the best fish he had ever had (and he’s had a LOT of fish).
Kid’s Pizza with Carrots. The pizza was made on Naan like crust (which made my youngest son very happy), and the server brought him only carrots when he said that he didn’t really like celery. He ate it all, so it had to have been good!

Overall, this was our favourite dining experience during our stay.

disneynarula
05-29-2012, 01:18 PM
This is one of our favorite places to eat. We usually plan on eating here on our AK day to make it easier to get to.

The food was fresh, tasty, and presented very nicely.