PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Questions

Juggalotus
05-21-2012, 03:48 PM
I've got a couple questions about the free dining offer.
We are planning to make a trip next fall (2013) and trying to find the best time to go.
1 - Is the free dining offer typically just for September, or is one also offered for October/November? Last time we went was in late September of 05, but my parents don't want to go that early and we're trying to make this a big family trip.

2 - Our daughters will be 2.5 at the time. We plan on doing at least a couple character meals. I know the plan only applies to kids over 3 who have park tickets, so will we have to pay cash for them, or will using our dining plan meals cover the girls?

Thanks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-21-2012, 05:58 PM
1 - Free dining has been offered at a variety of times of year, but September seems to be one of the usual ones. But, it all depends on if Disney needs to offer a discount, or if bookings are good enough that no deals are needed.

2 - For the kids under 3, if it is a buffet or all-you-can eat place, there will no charge, they can eat off your plate. If you order them a kids meal somewhere else, then you will need to pay for their meal. Since they are under 3, they won't have their own dining credits to use.

JuanaWaller
05-22-2012, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the information! We are planning on summer 2012 trip, and then 2013 just like you do, and our girls can't wait to go. We don't want to pay through our noses but want to eat junk neither, so your advice was very helpful, thanks!

Juggalotus
05-22-2012, 05:51 AM
Thanks Heather.

I wasn't sure on buffets, as a lot of places charge you when you feed your kid off your plate. And it makes sense if we end up ordering them their own meal.

cuteduck223
05-22-2012, 10:27 AM
don't plan your trip based soley on free dining through, as it seems Disney is cutting back some discounts, and it may not be offered next fall.