PDA

View Full Version : Staying Off Site and still riding disney transp.

free_money
05-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Is it frowned upon at disney to stay off site and park at a disney resort to use the transportation to the parks? Has anyone else done this? My past visit we stayed offsite to save money ($200 for 7 nights) and parked at a different resort each day to visit the resort and then we used the bus system to the parks after visiting. Parking at disney parks is $14/day and that would've cost me $70 for the 5 days we went to the parks. We always eat breakfast at the hotel and split a meal at the parks for lunch to cut costs. I try my best to cut costs but was wondering if you guys would consider this dirty or not? thanks

LVT
05-21-2012, 03:39 PM
It is my understanding that non-resort guests may park for up to 3 hours to visit or dine at a resort.

#1donaldfan
05-21-2012, 03:50 PM
I am pretty sure it would be frowned upon, esp since we don't discuss cheating the system on INTERCOT, and that is definately cheating the system. IMHO:cool:

Wayne
05-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Visitors to one of the resort hotels may receive a parking pass for up to 3 hours. Parking at the resort is for guests staying at the resort or visitors to the shops and restaurants of that particular resort. Anything else is skirting the system and may be putting your car at risk of being towed (not that I've ever heard of it happening, but the option for Disney to do that is there).

free_money
05-21-2012, 04:43 PM
I had searched "how to avoid parking prices at disney" and found an article which gave this as an option. I guess next time I'll just bite the bullet and pay to park if I stay off site. Guess too many people were parking and riding at resorts is what caused them to issue the 3 hour parking passes.

faline
05-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Yes. What you are suggesting violates Disney's rules. What if everyone tried to park at the resorts to avoid the parking fee?

When you park in a lot meant for folks who are staying off-site (after paying the parking fee), you are entitled to use all Disney transportation to and from all the parks.

gerald72
05-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Yes it's dirty.

Instead of biting the bullet and paying $70 for parking, why not spend $130 more and just stay onsite for the week?

Melanie
05-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Yes, as Linda stated, what you e described is against the rules, and we don't discuss skirting the rules here at INTERCOT. With that answered, we'll be closing this thread now. :)