PDA

View Full Version : New Offer?

ransam
05-21-2012, 01:41 PM
the current offer for free dning expired on the 18th, usually they offer a new deal shortly after that, does anyone know when that may be.

on that subject, a funny story. a couple years ago i was waiting for the fall free dining to be announced. on my lunch break i went down to the lobby of my office building and called disney asking. The lady said that i should keep looking that day and that MAYBE, i might see something that made me happy. Went back to my desk, went on line and sure enough, in the time it took me to go downstairs and call the offer was made! lol.

JenniferP
05-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Disney has not released any new offers since the free dining expired and we are not sure when they plan to come out with something else. We at Magical Journeys will post here as soon as we hear of anything!

disneydeb
05-21-2012, 05:38 PM
;)

disneynarula
05-22-2012, 06:46 AM
last year the October discounts were not announced until August

disneydeb
05-22-2012, 10:14 AM
We have a free dining pin code, issued today, for use during our trip Nov. 28 - Dec. 5!!!!:party:

Check those e-mails people!

BIGDOG
05-22-2012, 01:06 PM
last year the October discounts were not announced until August

On Aug 3rd they announced the fall free dining:

8/24/11 - 10/29/11

Arrival Dates: 2011: 10/2-10/8,10/23-11/5,11/13-11/19,11/27-12/3, 12/11-12/17/11, 10/1-10/6, 10/22-11/3, 11/12-11/17, 11/26-12/1, 12/10-12/15

Do they normally do the same dates as well?
Should we book now and hope for a special?
If I wanted to stay 10/2 to 10/10 would the 2 extra days still be on special?

January-2007
05-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Save up to 30% on a stay at select
Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

For stays most nights 8/15–9/29/12.
Book now through 8/14/12.

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Savings based on the non-discounted price of the same room. Additional per-adult charges apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer excludes suites, 3-bedroom villas, and is not valid at Disney's Art of Animation Resort.

Or call 407-939-7796 or your
Travel Agent.

Get a first look at

FREE Disney Dining
with the purchase of a non-discounted 4-Night/5-Day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

For arrivals most nights 9/30–10/4/12; 10/19–11/1/12; 11/9–11/15/12; 11/23–11/29/12; 12/10–12/13/12.
Book now through 7/28/12.

The number of packages available for this offer is limited. Minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer excludes campsites and 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort suites included. All other suites excluded. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable.

See Important Details

Or call 407-939-7749 or your
Travel Agent.

Be sure to have your
PIN:

Sweetpea29488
05-23-2012, 10:34 AM

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Savings based on the non-discounted price of the same room. Additional per-adult charges apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer excludes suites, 3-bedroom villas, and is not valid at Disney's Art of Animation Resort.

Travel Agent.

Get a first look at

FREE Disney Dining
with the purchase of a non-discounted 4-Night/5-Day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

For arrivals most nights 9/30–10/4/12; 10/19–11/1/12; 11/9–11/15/12; 11/23–11/29/12; 12/10–12/13/12.

The number of packages available for this offer is limited. Minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer excludes campsites and 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort suites included. All other suites excluded. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable.

See Important Details

Travel Agent.

Be sure to have your
PIN:

We also received this e-mail and code yesterday.

minnie-mouse
05-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Do they offer free dining for month of April?

disneydeb
05-23-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't think they usually offer free dining during April because that is when many schools are out for Spring break and many families plan on going there anyway during that time...but you can always hope! Good Luck!!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-23-2012, 01:06 PM
We also received this e-mail and code yesterday.

I just got this email from Disney Destinations today as well, and our current room only reservation check in date of 11/23 falls into this time frame. I forwarded it to Kathy at MJ to see if it will work for us.

What I noted from the offer and thought was odd was that on my email offer no PIN code # was actually assigned. Also, I don't think it actually stated what level of free dining was being offered and for which resort levels (DDP - moderate, QS - values for example).

It almost felt like it was an advance email to notify my of an upcoming PIN code rather than an actual PIN code offer.

Crossing my fingers that it works out. Without a free dining offer or a substantial room discount I most likely will be cancelling our reservations and the trip.

Tink1
05-23-2012, 01:26 PM
I just got this email from Disney Destinations today as well, and our current room only reservation check in date of 11/23 falls into this time frame. I forwarded it to Kathy at MJ to see if it will work for us.

What I noted from the offer and thought was odd was that on my email offer no PIN code # was actually assigned. Also, I don't think it actually stated what level of free dining was being offered and for which resort levels (DDP - moderate, QS - values for example).

It almost felt like it was an advance email to notify my of an upcoming PIN code rather than an actual PIN code offer.

Crossing my fingers that it works out. Without a free dining offer or a substantial room discount I most likely will be cancelling our reservations and the trip.

Disney Marketing, in their infinite wisdom, forgot to generate the PIN codes for the emails. They will be re-issuing them (or so they say)

Nanc

ransam
05-23-2012, 01:27 PM
last year the offered free dining during February. I would love that to be the case. anyone know if that was just a fluke, or do they do that often like they do in the fall?

thanks!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Disney Marketing, in their infinite wisdom, forgot to generate the PIN codes for the emails. They will be re-issuing them (or so they say)

Nanc

Nanc, I forwarded my email to Kathy at MJ (she doesn't work Wednesdays) then after I sent her the email I called WDW reservations and they did in fact have a PIN code # on file for me, for the free dining. I sent Kathy another email with my PIN Code # and hopefully will hear back from her tomorrow with good news.

BriarRose0708
05-23-2012, 02:17 PM

Nanc

Seriously???? That's a HUGE oversight. SMH.:shake:

amorillo
05-23-2012, 07:19 PM
:( boo. if these are in fact the dates.... looks like no free dining for us. our check in is 10-11-12.

Kaps
05-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Still waiting on a pin or discount for first week of December. You would think Disney marketing would send codes to return customers? We have been there 5 times over the past 7 years and have only received 1 pin code, when you read about others getting multiple sent?:confused:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-24-2012, 12:24 AM
Happy Dance - Happy Dance:goofy:

Had an email late today from Kathy at MJ and she was able to confirm my PIn Code for a 11/23 check in and we got free dining plan for a 10 day stay:number1: at POR.

Saving about $1,900 so needless to say extremely ecstatice about getting the Pin Code today.

Spreading good wishes and :magic: pixie dust for those still waiting on a Pin Code or GP offer for the same time frame.

January-2007
05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
We got the re-email with the pincode.

Yo Mickey!
05-29-2012, 02:23 PM
i got a pin code for a room only discount. wish it could be used for the free dining!

Dulcee
05-30-2012, 12:23 PM
:( Why do I only ever get the lousy 10% off a weekday room discount. Sigh.

Kplaster
05-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Where did you sign up to receive these e-mails? Me and my family have been going the week before christmas for the last few years now and we haven't received any e-mail with this offer and i'd really like to know how to start getting them.

Travel Agent.

Get a first look at

FREE Disney Dining

See Important Details

Travel Agent.

Be sure to have your
PIN:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Where did you sign up to receive these e-mails? Me and my family have been going the week before christmas for the last few years now and we haven't received any e-mail with this offer and i'd really like to know how to start getting them.

There is no one-stop shop for where to sign up for Disney emails & pin codes. Many on here have said that they have signed up for every e-newsletter possible, are registered users of every Disney website, have clicked every box that says "send me promotional material" and on and on and have never received a Disney Pin Code. To the best of my knowledge its essential a trade secret how Disney generates and distributes its discounted Pin Code offers.

All that said, the week before Christmas is often not included and may fall in the black out period. In some years I think the offer has gone as far as the 17th or 18th. The current pin code offerings do not cover those dates, so you may need to cross your fingers for a general public offering that includes your travel dates.

disney0575
06-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Do the Pin Codes randomly get sent? We are checking in November 25th so the free dining would work for us.:mickey:

coloradowendyl
06-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Pincodes are one of the great mysteries of the world in my opinion in how/who gets them! I do a regular check of my booked clients to see if a pincode has been generated/attached to their name and someone who didn't have one on Monday can suddenly have one pop into their profile on Wednesday!

Yesterday I had 3 show up that were not there on Friday!

I have stopped trying to figure out the how and now just do a minor happy dance when I find one for a client!

Pincodes are like the weather...impossible to predict!

Wendy

mickeys_princess_mom
06-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Pincodes are one of the great mysteries of the world in my opinion in how/who gets them! I do a regular check of my booked clients to see if a pincode has been generated/attached to their name and someone who didn't have one on Monday can suddenly have one pop into their profile on Wednesday!

Yesterday I had 3 show up that were not there on Friday!

I have stopped trying to figure out the how and now just do a minor happy dance when I find one for a client!

Pincodes are like the weather...impossible to predict!

Wendy

See?....This is why we love MJ!!! Can't say enough about how Terrisue helps us! We were fortunate enough to get the aforementioned pincode, with the followup actual code (how does that happen?! lol), and we finally coordinated the trip toDAY to take my Grandprincess for her First Trip in November!! Yay, whoever is in charge of pincodes!!! Thank you again!