PDA

View Full Version : Little Mermaid on DVD

Jeri
05-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Now that I have a daughter I wanted to let her watch The Little Mermaid. I know I bought it when my boys were younger, but never gave much thought to it again till now.

I am so sad cause we have it but it is VHS, and we do not have a VCR anymore. I went to check on line and it looks like it is "back in the vault":(

Does anyone know when it might be back out & where to find a copy without paying $70 - over $100 dollars for it?:mad:

TinkerbellT421
05-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Check used DVD, cd stores, like newbury comics, FYE, etc. I always find vaulted Disney movies there. Price ranges between 25-30 ish

Strmchsr
05-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Amazon has it for $44

DizneyRox
05-20-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't understand 'the vault' in the Internet Age. Everything is at your fingers, there's no reason to build demand like years past. If people can't get it through normal channels, they will go underground, and THAT is a lost sale.

I think rumors had the bluray set for 2013 or 2014. Since Lion King did well in the theaters, I think they are looking to cash in on a theatrical release before letting people buy it.

TheVBs
05-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Check to see if your local library or library network has it. If they do you'll likely be able to check it out for free! You can get it as often as you'd like and save your money for when it's released by Disney again.

Jeri
05-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks everyone.

What we are going to do is either covert it to DVD ourselves ( husband said we have the stuffed needed he just never told me & hasn't installed it) Or someone said Walmart is now doing it too.

It won't be as good of quality, but perhaps it will hold us over till it is released again.

I am also going to check garage sales, you never know.

DizneyFreak2002
05-21-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm sure it will be released next year in Blu Ray and DVD again... I'm shocked they haven't released it already in Blu Ray form...