PDA

View Full Version : Extended family in love with Disney too?

buzznwoodysmom
05-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Every once in a while I'll see posts about people venting that other's just don't "get it" when it comes to repeat Disney vacations. I've had people ask us "why are you going to Disney AGAIN" too, I'm sure most of us have. But does anyone have family members, or friends, just as into WDW as you?

My hubby's side of the family are almost as crazy about WDW as we are. DH's only sister and her family go to WDW as often as they can, and we usually try to go at the same time as them. One of DH's brother's wife is starting to go yearly since they had kids. It's so fun to talk about our trips , and help plan their trips.

DSIL is in WDW right now with her two kids and her mom. They are there for two weeks and DBIL will be joining them for the second week. And they are already planning for a repeat next May.

My other DSIL and her family were just there in Feb. for Mardi Gras. They vowed to wait at least a year to go back and I've been texting with them since yesterday about a trip they just booked for July. They are going to Destin, Florida for a weekend and since they'll be half way there they decided to go back for 5 nights. They usually stay at a moderate resort, but as they go more often they are realizing how much they enjoy resort time. They booked their 5 nights at BC!!!!! I can't wait to hear back from them how they liked BC.

Then we are all trying to plan a trip to go together, along with my MIL and FIL, for Thanksgiving of 2013. My MIL has been wanting to go back(she's been twice and love it), but wants FIL to join her. He decided that if a few of us go he'll come, so we are trying to make it happen.

We are also talking about planning a Disney cruise with SIL summer of 2014. And we are thinking of perhaps a trip to Disneyland summer of 2013, and I already plan to see if they want to join us.

I was just wondering if anyone else has family that "gets it"?

Georgesgirl1
05-20-2012, 03:11 PM
My mom and dad get it. My dad probably gets it a little more than my mom does, but she goes along with his craziness! My dad and I are always talking about Disney podcasts we listen to, trading books about the parks, and discussing rumors and theories we hear. It is nice to have someone to share my passion for Disney with!
My grandparents, uncle, and some of my cousins also visit quite a bit, but aren't at the level that I am at :D

Jeri
05-20-2012, 05:58 PM
My older brother does, but they don't go anymore since their kids are middle school & highschool age & my sister in law thinks they are too old to enjoy it anymore.
I still text with them when we go and send pictures via text all day. My brother gets the itch to go back, but he is quickly told NO.

My Mother in law would love to go to Epcot, she says she has always wanted to, and she thinks Father in law would like it too. They like to travel to Florida a lot and so we are trying to plan so they can come to Disney for a few days while we are there. My husband and I have talked about paying for them to stay at a nice deluxe and then spend 2 days at Epcot with us.

I am slowly getting my cousin excited about Disney and he might actually join us on our next trip. Not sure how it will go because we have always said we would never travel with anyone, but we'll see. He most likely won't have the money to go.

The rest of our families don't get why we go so much, nor how we can spend so much money on a vacation.:confused:

disneymom15
05-20-2012, 06:14 PM
My brother and his wife actually are the ones that got me hooked. They go once a year, unlike us who go at least twice a year. Him and I do talk Disney quite often.

Kairi_7378
05-20-2012, 07:51 PM
I've had close family who really enjoy it, and have a great time whenever they visit. (I still wouldn't vacation with them because of differing vacation styles.) I also have a coworker who "gets it" so I get to talk to her when I need to talk to someone else who is as crazy as me. (She has so much Tink stuff in her office that she has been told to remove some of it from time to time.)

Briansmom
05-20-2012, 08:31 PM
I don't have any extended family that is like I am. However, at work there are three of us in the same building and one in the building next door that are considered the Disney crazies! My friend that sits next to me and I were the ones that got the other girl in the building hooked year before last! :trio: There is not a day that passes that there isn't some sort of Disney conversation between us.....aren't those terribly harsh working conditions?? :cloud9:

dizneydeb22
05-21-2012, 02:40 PM
My nephew and his GF get it! This is his GF's second trip with us. He has been coming with us every year since he was 8! He just turned 20! Last year we drove, but this year we are flying, so she get's to take the magical express for the first time. And it is our first Vacation Club stay! We were toying with just grabbing our luggage as we get in at 7:30 pm, but my nephew said that leaving your luggage at the airport and then not seeing it again until it arrives in the room is part of the magic that she needs to experience. I'll tell ya, it did an Aunt proud to hear that!!

Now if only we could get his Mom on board! She is one of biggest naysayers when it comes to Disney...

stephicakes
05-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Yup - we have family on board too! My DH's family loves Disney and both his siblings have been down numerous times in the past. My DBIL & DSIL have been DVC owners for years now and go down at least 2x a year. We have been to Disney with them before and are planning a big family trip with DH's whole family for next year some time. The cousins are all very close in age (3 of them are 16 yrs old) so they always have a blast together! We always talk Disney when we get together for family celebrations :thumbsup:

My family not as much... but they are getting there. We brought my family down a couple years ago and my sister (a police officer in TX) can't wait to go back!

Love it! :mickey: