PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness lodge renovation

special ed teacher
05-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Are the renovations going to be done in August? is there a lot of noise or mess going on while they are doing the work? Are new rooms much different? How easy is it to get a renovated room? Is it less crowded with rooms being worked on?

Crow
05-20-2012, 12:29 PM
I think they started on the top floor and they leave a floor in between empty as a noise buffer. They already have one area done up top. I will be arriving there nxt wk club level so will see.
I believe they are supposed to be done by the fall, but dont know exact timeframe.
hopefully someone else will come along who has been there recently that can fill us in on how its going.

Strmchsr
05-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Just back back from a week at WL yesterday. Is it less crowded? No. It's looking very nice though. For the most part, the renovation work isn't that noticeable. They are doing the large part of it between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm when most guests are at the park. When we came back to the room for a mid-afternoon swim last week I could hear the work going on. No, the rooms don't look different. They still look nice, though. The big difference is they are changing the door keys and if they do yours in the middle of the day there will be a sign on your door telling you to go to the front desk to pick up new keys. Other than "fall" no time table has been set for them to be finished, but they are making good progress.

Crow
05-20-2012, 01:39 PM
which room did you stay in.
which floor are they working on now.
i heard they will relocate the CL to a suite while they work on that area and im not sure if thats next wk or not. hopefully it wont b as crowded when im there.

buzznwoodysmom
05-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I have seen pictures of the new room decor online, so yes the rooms will look different once it's all done. The room I saw had a fresher, lighter look than the current darker rooms. They are using the white duvet with a themed runner at the foot of the bed, much like they've done at other refurbed resorts. Looks like they updated the headboard with a red leather insert, I saw cute bambi themed throw pillows, looked like new curtains, it's been mentioned that the carpet is new, but I couldn't really tell in the picture I saw. The flooring in the foyer area and bathroom is new. The tile work in the bathtub area is new, with a few bambi themed tiles. The shower curtain was new. It appeared to be all the same furniture, although the chairs appeared to have been recovered with a new fabric. The room looked really good. A lot lighter than what they had before, and overall a good update, in my opinion!

Crow
05-20-2012, 01:48 PM
yes i saw some pics also and it looked better

Strmchsr
05-20-2012, 03:10 PM
which room did you stay in. which floor are they working on now.

I was on the second floor. Whatever floor they were working on was above us. They also were doing a lot of exterior work (especially on the pool side of the main building) and roof work.

Crow
05-20-2012, 04:24 PM
how was your room, transportation, eateries etc

retiredfigment
05-20-2012, 05:25 PM
To those who said they saw pictures online, can you tell us where? Going in October !!!!!! and would love to see pictures.

Strmchsr
05-20-2012, 05:31 PM
how was your room, transportation, eateries etc

Room was very nice. In good shape. Really enjoyed it. We had a bunk bed room which was great for my family. No problems at all with the room. The one exception was the fridge which kept things cool, but not cold. This was a bit of an issue with my DS11's insulin.

Transportation - the boat transportation to MK was great and ran pretty regularly. It was especially nice after Wishes Buses were fine. They didn't run as often as some of the other resorts. We mostly used our own car. I didn't find the bus service bad, but not particularly efficient, either. Going to DTD we had to stop at GF and TL, which was a little annoying, but to the parks wasn't too bad.

Eateries - We ate at Whispering Canyon, which was great as usual, and Roaring Forks. In terms of how they looked - great. Roaring Forks was a little disappointing simply because the food courts at the values have a lot more choices than it did. That said, the values don't have a TS restaurant. While what they did have was fine, the choices were pretty limited.

Pool was fun, but small and crowded.

Crow
05-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Room was very nice. In good shape. Really enjoyed it. We had a bunk bed room which was great for my family. No problems at all with the room. The one exception was the fridge which kept things cool, but not cold. This was a bit of an issue with my DS11's insulin.

Transportation - the boat transportation to MK was great and ran pretty regularly. It was especially nice after Wishes Buses were fine. They didn't run as often as some of the other resorts. We mostly used our own car. I didn't find the bus service bad, but not particularly efficient, either. Going to DTD we had to stop at GF and TL, which was a little annoying, but to the parks wasn't too bad.

Eateries - We ate at Whispering Canyon, which was great as usual, and Roaring Forks. In terms of how they looked - great. Roaring Forks was a little disappointing simply because the food courts at the values have a lot more choices than it did. That said, the values don't have a TS restaurant. While what they did have was fine, the choices were pretty limited.

Pool was fun, but small and crowded.

thanks. WL is my fav, i just dont like the bus service sometimes. once it took my an hr to DD and i was meeting someone. i dont really like WC but love Artist Pt. i agree on how Roaring Forks is small.

buzznwoodysmom
05-20-2012, 08:21 PM
To those who said they saw pictures online, can you tell us where? Going in October !!!!!! and would love to see pictures.

I saw the pics on another Disney discussion board. That board has lots of traffic and it's nearly impossible to find something you saw weeks ago unless you marked it. I looked for it today and couldn't find the pics. I guess it's buried deep in a thread by now.

CuteAsMinnie
05-20-2012, 09:36 PM
thanks. WL is my fav, i just dont like the bus service sometimes. once it took my an hr to DD and i was meeting someone. i dont really like WC but love Artist Pt. i agree on how Roaring Forks is small.

It usually takes the better part of forever to get to/from DD unless you are staying at a DD resort or PO.

Crow
05-20-2012, 10:47 PM
PO, POP CBR..not too bad to DD. now if WL was by Epcot id be in heaven

CuteAsMinnie
05-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Ahhhh but some of us would not be....:secret:

Crow
05-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Ahhhh but some of us would not be....:secret:

sorry but my fav park is Epcot & ive tried BC and dont like it..so pairing my fav resort w my fav park..

Imalismom
05-21-2012, 08:26 PM
I was able to stay in the newly renovated room the very first night they opened up the rooms. I have lots of pics, and plan to write an article for our newsletter we do here at Intercot.

It was a really nice room, the bathroom and flooring were the major renovations, along with the ceiling of the room.

New wooden (laminate) flooring as you enter in to the room, and then new carpeting. The bathroom mirror on the door to the shower area is now framed nicely in a deep color to match the coloring around the mirror above the sink area.

The four tiles featuring four different animals in the shower is a lovely touch, along with the new tile encasing the tub/shower area, which matches the wooden pattern in the entry way/sink area. A new rain-shower head puts a nice finishing touch in the bathroom area.

There is new H2O products - much easier to get out of the bottle now, and a wonderful grapefruit smell. The bottles are much smaller, but when I asked for more, they showed up very quickly with enough for all of us in the room.

The headboards will soon all have a new red leather backing (the bunk beds are complete, but not all the queen beds are).

The queen bed has a really nice comforter nestled between two white sheets (a duvet effect), and a red thumper pillow added to match the coloring in the headboard. There is also a strip of material (luggage protector) that matches the curtains at the foot of the bed.

New curtains, and new upholstered chairs round out the new material in the room.

The TV can now be pulled out and turned so you can watch depending on what area in the room you are.

On the ceiling, the popcorn effect is now gone.

The balcony furniture did not change.

Rick and his crew on the 7th floor are so awesome, and if you ever get a chance to talk with him, please tell him Imalismom said hello.

Imalismom
05-21-2012, 08:31 PM

if you send me your email in a PM, I'll send you the pics I took.

Crow
05-21-2012, 09:09 PM
sounds nice. so you were on CL. how was the food in the lounge etc. any room you think i should ask for, for 2 beds.

special ed teacher
05-30-2012, 03:13 PM
How much is done with the refurbishing of the rooms? Will they be done by August?

Crow
05-30-2012, 05:22 PM
i believe they are supposed to b done w all the rooms by Aug

CuteAsMinnie
05-30-2012, 06:31 PM
I think they're actually shooting for the end of Sept. but you can certainly add "a newly refurbed room, please" to your reservation request. :thumbsup: