PDA

View Full Version : Off to NYC for the day

Katzateer
05-19-2012, 07:55 AM
And what a beautiful day it is!

Going to see Peter and the Starcatchers and do some shopping for prom and graduation (and college clothes).

And if I can find the little Japanese Ramen Noodle place we went to on recommendation 3years ago I will be happy:thumbsup: The crowds always turn me around in Times Square and I seem to not be able to find it. This time I have better directions

Katzateer
05-19-2012, 08:42 PM
On the train home now-we had a nice day. We got into NYC around noon and headed towards Shake Shack in the theatre district. A really long line and it was in the sun. I dont stand I'm sun and long lines- too old and cranky.

Noticed Shula's so we went in there. Never seem to make it to the one at WDW but seems to get new reviews.

It wasn't very crowded. We both got a brunch item. Mine was a filet mignon with home fries, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, eggs, toast and it was very good. Little jars of premium jelly to choice from. Also brought out a large loaf of sourdough bread and butter.

Stephanie got a veggie omelet with the fries and toast.

The food was very good. With tip it was about $55.

On to Broadway and Peter and the Starcatchers!

Katzateer
05-19-2012, 08:55 PM
If anyone has plans to go to NYC and see a show I would highly recommend this one. It was brilliant! Very enjoyable. The entire cast was great but the standout is Christian borle from tv's SMASH. He stole the show.

Very well done!!

Stephanie went to Forever 21 and I went to stand in line at Shake Shack. I got the burger with the portbella mushroom- very good

Stopped at juniors for a slice of cheesecake. I should have gotten the mini one ended up throwing part of it away

Shopping on way back to Madison square garden went to Macy's and found a perfect graduation dress for Stephanie

On train home- great day trip!

Oh, and before Shula we stopped at crumbs - Stephanie got a cupcake and I got a black and white cookie.

They just opened one of these at the train station in Washington dc so we had been to one about a month ago. Didn't realize they were the same.

VWL Mom
05-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Sounds like you had a full day. Good eats, perfect weather, successful shopping, enjoyable show, and good company....what more could one ask for!

Joannelet
05-20-2012, 06:53 AM
What a great day! Love NYC. My hubby just took me and my infant son, and my 3 year old son for Mothers day. It too was a day of great weather and fun! :) glad you had a successful and yummy day!

luvdiznee
05-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Shake Shack is on our list for NYC when we go in August. And I'm not a sun worshiper either. But it seems they have a few around at least.

We need another restaurant to go to for dinner, Shula's does sound like it may be something to consider. Especially that it was less crowded, and food was good.

Juniors is on our list, too. Maybe for us the one in Grand Central, though. I've heard mention of Crumbs bakery before, glad to hear it was good.

Nice day trip! :thumbsup:

Katzateer
05-20-2012, 09:58 AM
I think the after matinee crowds will fill Shula's since it is very close to a lot of the theatres. We were there about 12:30.

Hope you get to try all those places and more! Ellens Starlight diner is a lot of fun too.

Katzateer
05-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Juniors is on our list, too. Maybe for us the one in Grand Central, though. :

We went to Juniors our first trip to NYC for lunch. None of us liked our meal and it was very overpriced for what we got.

I am a big Jewish deli fan and was searching for a good one that trip. Very disappointed.

But the desserts are awesome. You don't have to be seated to get desserts-there are 2 to- go windows. Runs about $6 a slice.

luvdiznee
05-20-2012, 02:22 PM
We went to Juniors our first trip to NYC for lunch. None of us liked our meal and it was very overpriced for what we got.

I am a big Jewish deli fan and was searching for a good one that trip. Very disappointed.

But the desserts are awesome. You don't have to be seated to get desserts-there are 2 to- go windows. Runs about $6 a slice.

Desert is all we were planning on anyway. Since we are going to have lunch at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse restaurant.

SBETigg
05-20-2012, 09:14 PM
I was in Madison Square yesterday too! We could have met up. The Shake Shack line was insane and we passed it up.

Katzateer
05-21-2012, 08:32 AM
I was in Madison Square yesterday too! We could have met up. The Shake Shack line was insane and we passed it up.

That would have been fun! We need to plan a meet in NYC or Philly. But I need plenty of notice. The train is a lot cheaper when you an get the tickets a few months in advance.