PDA

View Full Version : How Loud is Garden Grill?

Kairi_7378
05-18-2012, 11:51 PM
We are in the process of planning a September vacation and are trying to vary our dining experiences a little. My husband has always been very anti- character meal because he likes to use meal times to recharge. He prefers signature dining. However, I am intrigued by recent positive reviews of the Garden Grill. (Also, my son loved Chip and Dale on our last trip.) My question is, how loud is it? And can anyone share a recent experience with the food?

:dale: :chip:

cer
05-19-2012, 05:07 AM
Because you have servers who come to you table and you sit on the outside of a round rotating restaurant, you see very little of your fellow guests. In my opinion, and I have only been to Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey, Garden Grill and Liberty Inn - it is the most quiet of all those character dining experiences. - Now you may want to request a booth over a table (we had a booth on the lower outside level) It was almost a private dining experience.

gaffz70
05-19-2012, 07:17 AM
We have chosen not to go back to Crystal palace or chef Mickey for our next trip because of the noise. For us, it is just not as enjoyable with all of the commotion.
We are however, going back to the garden grille. We loved it there. Food was good, quality time with characters, not as crazy as other character experiences. Agree w/ other poster, we prefer the booths, very private.

Hope you enjoy it too!!!

Katzateer
05-19-2012, 07:19 AM
The lobby right outside the restaurant is very loud. Once you get seated it is very pleasant and relaxing. I think you will really enjoy it!:thumbsup::mickey:

Katzateer
05-19-2012, 07:27 AM
And the food is great! They bring you plates of food with several choices then you ask for refills of anything you like. It changes every few months but is always salad, rolls, 3kinds of meat and fish, vegetables and dessert. And the kids get different choices. If you like what the kids are having they will bring refills of those items for the adults too.

Also, ask what the dessert choice is. If you don't like it you can get the kid order of dirt pudding (oreos and chocolate pudding with a gummy worm served in a flower pot.)

DizneyRox
05-19-2012, 10:23 AM
It's truly a hidden gem (diamond due to the price). We went years ago and liked to food, but for some reason it would hardly make the list. Our last trip (which goes back a few years) was outstanding. The food seems very fresh, it's delicious, and very private.

It's rough since they only do dinner, but I highly recommend it. I don't remember it bing loud at all.

Tri Minnie
05-19-2012, 04:32 PM
I know value is all relative, but would Garden Grill still be worth it for someone who doesn't eat meat?

AgentC
05-19-2012, 06:27 PM
I know value is all relative, but would Garden Grill still be worth it for someone who doesn't eat meat?

Do you eat fish? Usually there are 3 options 1- beef, 1- poultry, 1-fish.

If you don't any of those. They have an excellent salad and vegetables and you can eat as much of that as you wish. Disney is really good with special food requests. I'd be surprised if you could request a vegetarian dish.

Tri Minnie
05-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Thank you for the reply. I do eat fish, and I always enjoy a yummy salad. You are right about Disney being accommodating. At ohana the chef made me a delicious vegetarian dish. Looking back I wouldn't have even needed that, as the peanut noodles and shrimp were so tasty.

MaresHappy
05-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Another thumbs up for the Garden Grill !! We have dined there a few times, and it has become a favorite. Once seated, as you begin your relaxing journey, you seem to truly unwind ... maybe it's the slow motion gently moving you along. And for vegetarians ... the salad is delicious; you could make a meal on the salad alone, it's unique, incredibly fresh, and always fantastic.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Yet another thumbs up from me too! But, it isn't signature dining. It is fairly quiet (especially if you're seated on the lower level, you get a very high booth area all to yourself), the food fairly good with some fun character interaction. But, if he's looking for a signature experience, he might still be dissapointed.

The area outside of the restaurant is crazy busy, but don't let that put you off, the noise doesn't transfer into the restaurant.

GBBT
05-19-2012, 09:00 PM
We love it!:thumbsup: The worst thing they did a few years ago was getting rid of the re-hitching ceremony.We did it in 2003,the waiter was the preacher,Pluto was a witness.You got a certificate and an 8 inch cake to eat and that was all free.Would have been nice to do it last year for our 15th.....sigh........

Crow
05-20-2012, 01:43 PM
I went w my gf on one of our trips and we liked it. not noisy, interesting how the place rotates, the characters werent bad and the food was good. some of the veggies and fish comes from the Land pavilion and you could ask for more of the things that u liked. Id go there again.
Im also not as much into the character meals and on vacation I do like signature places also.

buzznwoodysmom
05-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Of all the character dining we've done, and we've almost done them all, Garden Grill was by far the quietest one! The character interaction was excellent and the food was amazing. We loved everything about this meal. My husband has a fish allergy, and my son a poultry and seafood allergy. This is the only reason we've not been back again. As wonderful as the experience was, we've opted to eat elsewhere that isn't as limiting for DH and DS.

whitney37354
05-22-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't recall it being loud at all. It seemed like we were the only people there because of the high backed booth. The food was good, character interaction was great.