PDA

View Full Version : Surrey bikes at CBR

Wrigley
05-18-2012, 02:05 PM
We are wanting to rent a 4person surrey bike on our upcoming trip at CBR! but was wondering if our 5 yr old and 22 month old would be able to ride along. Is there a buckle to keep the little one in her seat? Thanks!

Scar
05-18-2012, 02:21 PM
I rented one at the Boardwalk. I do not remember any belts on the regular seats. The rule is if they cannot reach the pedals, they must sit on the front bench which does have belts. If you are a family of 4 and the 5 yo can't reach the pedals, rent a 2 seater, I think they still have the front bench.

Remember to sing show tunes from Oklahoma!

"Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry..."

Disney Doll
05-18-2012, 03:37 PM
The two seaters do have the bench seating up front for little ones. My 2 and 4 year old still ride that way and as a bonus it puts them in perfect position to reach the bell. We usually have to stop and switch mid ride so both kids get a turn to be the bell ringer. There is technically a belted area between the two adults seats which we have used for a kid before. I'm not sure if that's officially allowed, but we once had to move our 18 month old from the from bench to sit between mom and dad when he decided about halfway through a trek through the Wilderness Lodge bike trails that he was done.