PDA

View Full Version : AP Discounts: Am I Right?

DisneyDINK
05-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Let's say I use MJ to book a room only res with an AP discount. Now, I don't have an AP yet, but, correct me if I am wrong, I must somehow obtain one and have it validated prior to check-in? I don't have to actually have an activated AP in order to make a res for an AP room only discount, do I?

For example, I would make reservation @ MJ, go online, buy an AP, get an exchange voucher in the mail, fly to MCO, go to a park Guest Relations or Ticket booth, show ID/exchange voucher for AP/scan finger, etc. and then check in at my resort? Do I have the right idea?

I checked the "info central" area, but it didn't answer my question. I couldn't find a post about this easily either.

faline
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
You don't need the annual pass in order to make the reservation. I've done this many times - made the reservation long before I've purchased the pass. You could be asked to show a valid ID upon checkin so you would want to get and activate your pass prior to checkin.

disneymom15
05-17-2012, 12:45 PM
I've never been asked to show my AP at check in. After checking in, we've gone to guest services with our voucher to redeem for our AP.

MrPeetrie
05-17-2012, 05:24 PM
I just did this last October. I made my reservations, using AP discounts despite not yet purchasing the voucher. (You need to have purchased it before check-in.) I bought my vouchers. I told the CM my confirmation number when I checked-in. We then went to Epcot and activated our passes. Hope that helps.

Imalismom
05-17-2012, 05:53 PM
I have also checked in with just my vouchers, and have even checked in and never been asked (but had them in my purse if I was asked).

Daisy'sMom
05-17-2012, 06:31 PM
We are always asked to show our APs when checking in on a discount. :mickey:

greengeen
05-17-2012, 06:46 PM
We are asked for our APs some of the time but not all. One time we hadn't activated yet, they checked us in but asked us to come back after they were activated, for verification. I think their system KNOWS whether we have activated passes or not... I swear Disney has more info on us than the IRS.