PDA

View Full Version : Good year to purchase AP

rmsmith1208
05-17-2012, 11:48 AM
So my issue is this, should i purchase my family of four annual passes this year? We have to small babies as well age 2.6 and 6 months. We are from NC and I just do not know if it is worth doing this year or wait until next year. With the expansion at MK and TT closed for refurb I am having a hard time convincing myself to buy them. I know I should not base my decision on those alone but I want to get as much out of these as possible. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated as my wife thinks I am crazy for wanting them in the first place.

disneydeb
05-17-2012, 01:11 PM
TT, does that mean the Tower of Terror? I missed that on the closed for refurbishment section here on I'cot.
When will it be closed?

rmsmith1208
05-17-2012, 01:14 PM
sorry i meant test track

greengeen
05-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Your decision should be based 100% on how many days you want to go. More than 10 days, get passes. Less than 10, not necessary. And IMO, the refurbs going on at MK is not a factor. It's still MK, and there are 3 other parks too for heavens sake!

DizneyRox
05-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Yep, the decision to buy needs to be based 100% on admission days and comparable MYW tickets.

Don't speculate on discounts.

For us (DVC members) getting an AP has always made sense due to the ticket discount ($100) and that we use them over two years. Now, we haven't gone in a while, and when we do, it'll probably be a short visit so we will look at the number of admission we need and will buy whatever is cheaper.

rmsmith1208
05-17-2012, 08:19 PM
I know we have the other parks to chose from but honestly spend most our time between mk and epcot. I have priced both ap and regular tix. I would love to get down once a month for a long weekend but the wife would kill me. I think i may wait until a few weeks into food and wine and then purchase. We home school our children as well so times of year for us arent important. Thanks for all the answers.