PDA

View Full Version : MK on MVMCP days

epceddie
05-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Do people tend to stay away from the Magic Kingdom on days when it closes at 7 p.m. for the Christmas Party? Or are they the usual busy days that the MK sees? Also, how are the other parks on MVMCP days? Just curious, because we bought tickets for the Dec. 11 party the other day and it will be our first time going. We're MNSSHP veterans.

Strmchsr
05-17-2012, 07:41 AM
MVMCP runs about like MNSSHP. MK will be normal during the day, then crowds will get nuts between 4 - 7 when party attendees are allowed in. Epcot is extremely busy on MVMCP nights because it's the only park open during the Christmas season once MK closes.

faline
05-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Personally, I think crowds are a bit lower than normal on early park closing days (I think those who don't have the park hopper option are likely to pick a park that will stay open later in the day). Mid-to-late afternoon, as Chris notes, crowds pick up considerably as the evening party-goers begin to enter the park for the party festivities.

JPL
05-17-2012, 09:42 AM
I usually attend MVMCP every year and I have noticed that it really can vary some party days the park is dead especially if there was party or EMHs the night before. Other days it seemed to be just as crowded as a regular day with the crowds really picking up just before the party starts and calming down after the other guests leave. Ideally if you have a park hopper are attending the party that night I like to spend the entire day at the MK. This way I can concentrate on attractions during the day and then focus on getting the most out of the special events for the party.

Strmchsr
05-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Ideally if you have a park hopper are attending the party that night I like to spend the entire day at the MK. This way I can concentrate on attractions during the day and then focus on getting the most out of the special events for the party.

:ditto: Usually we'll get a table service at MK or one of the MK area resorts about 4:30 or so to let that in-between time crowd surge calm down then we're back a little before the party actually starts.

epceddie
05-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the replies. As always, they're a big help.