PDA

View Full Version : Disney Outlet

i'm grumpy
05-16-2012, 08:00 PM
I believe there is one near DTD. Is it worth the trouble to go there?

minnie04
05-17-2012, 08:33 AM
We go when we hit the outlets at the end of our trip.I have found some good stuff in there. Im not sure of the name of the mall. its the one that has Victoria Secrets in it. :mickey:
The one close to DTD has a nice size store too. I would go you might find some good deals. I usually find the left over Xmas and Halloween stuff..

i'm grumpy
05-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks. I think the selection was pretty poor and we had to take a bus to DTD and a taxi. But it's been a long time ago.

MyDisneyworld
06-01-2012, 09:56 AM
The Disney's Character Warehouse
closest to Downtown Disney is at the Orlando Premium Outlet Vineland Ave, 8200 Vineland Avenue. The other is Orlando Premium Outlets International Drive, 4951 International Drive which is further away.
They tend to be hit or miss on finding stuff but when you do find something it is normally a good deal. I have got many polo shirts with characters on them that sold in the park for well over $50 and picked up there for around $20. Tons of t-shirts and kids stuff. We normally go there first so we can save money on them over the in park price. They also have lots of seasonal items. There use to be a third one but it switched to more of a dollar store of old disney stuff so we no longer go. Enjoy.

Main Street Jim
06-03-2012, 10:31 PM
There used to be a *great* store at the Crossroads plaza, right outside the DTD entrance at Hotel Plaza Blvd. and SR 535. That store is no longer there.

There are outlets at the Prime Outlet Malls, one up on the north end of International Drive near Kirkman Road, one on Vineland Road, and I wanna say that there's also one at the outlet on SR 535, just east of Disney and south of the SR 536 (EPCOT Center Drive) and SR 535 intersection.

There's a "full-blown" Disney Store in the Florida Mall, at US 441 and Sand Lake Road, east of I-4.

i'm grumpy
06-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks. We only got as far as DTD. It was a zoo as usual. :silly:

Dracula766
08-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Has anyone been to any of these outlets recently???

I usually stop in early during my trips to WDW and load up on souvenirs for everyone at great prices.

I'm concerned though because they recently changed from Character Warehouse to Character Depot. I visited the one near Disneyland last week and their selection was garbage.
I'm wondering if that will be the same with the Orlando stores.

eandrsmom
08-05-2012, 04:13 PM
We went to two last week. The selection was poor. The one at the Buena Vista Prime Outlets across from Walmart Supercenter was awful. The one at the Orlando Prime outlets off of I-4 was nicer, but the selection still wasn't great. I'd been to that one before and have gotten some good deals in the past. I think it's just hit or miss with most of them. If you hit it right, as they're changing out seasonal items, you'll get some good deals.

MNNHFLTX
08-05-2012, 09:18 PM
The one at the Orlando Prime outlets off of I-4 was nicer, but the selection still wasn't great. I'd been to that one before and have gotten some good deals in the past. I think it's just hit or miss with most of them. If you hit it right, as they're changing out seasonal items, you'll get some good deals.Character Premiere in the Prime Outlets is usually much better than the other one you mention. In fact, I'm not sure the other "Disney" outlets are true outlets and not just a clearing house for junky stuff bought through a third source--not official parks or Disneystore merchandise. I have gotten some good deals at the Character Premiere store, but it depends on the time of year. Usually January and February have some good sales there, with Christmas merchandise from the parks, including some cool collectibles. You can almost always find resort-specific items too, but as mentioned, it can be hit or miss, with odd sizes (or just plain odd items!)

Anyway, if I have a rental car, I almost always go to this store before I head out to the airport at the end of a trip.