PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo Closure?

Lacy
05-15-2012, 10:25 PM
I am 180 days out and made my ADRs. Got all the character meals and times I wanted but wasn't able to book the Hoop Dee Doo :(

The cast member told me to call back today when it would be 180 days and not the plus 10 window. Forgot to call but tried to book online. Wasn't able to find any shows that day. Doing some online searching it seems that the show will be closed for refurbishment but nothing official on the Disney site and the cast member didn't mention it.

So does anyone know if it is officially closed for refurb in Nov or if I should keep trying to book. When will Disney officially announce the closure?

disneydeb
05-15-2012, 10:43 PM
I was hoping my family would have dinner there on our arrival day of Nov. 28! I make ressies in a couple of weeks. Major bummer in our plans if is closed at that time.:(

Itchy
05-15-2012, 11:19 PM
I dont know if this will help or not, I did a google search to see if there was a closure for HDDR.

The only thing that I found that between Nov 2011 and Feb 2012 they were doing some testing on different show hours.

Nothing was said about a refurb though.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

mydisneygirls
05-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I have reservations for Sept 28th and I haven't received any communication from Disney stating that it would be closed on that date. I did google it and read that said it would be closed October, November and possibly December. So they most likely are waiting for the free dining promotion to end. I hope they don't change this and we will miss out on it!

Itchy
05-15-2012, 11:51 PM
I have reservations for Sept 28th and I haven't received any communication from Disney stating that it would be closed on that date. I did google it and read that said it would be closed October, November and possibly December. So they most likely are waiting for the free dining promotion to end. I hope they don't change this and we will miss out on it!

Boy!! Am I red faced :blush:, I must correct myself as I did a BING search..instead of Google.

Sorry.... It is a great show though. I got to see it for the first time last October....

disneydeb
05-16-2012, 07:33 AM
so, I guess we are making other dinner plans for that night...:(

there is always NEXT TIME!:thumbsup:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
05-16-2012, 11:43 AM
News! Disney Restaurants Closing For Renovations in 2012 and 2013
May 3rd, 2012
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
"Another closure that hasn’t been confirmed, Hoop Dee Doo will likely be closed for refurbishment in October, November, and possibly December 2012."

Goofy4TheWorld
05-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Boy!! Am I red faced :blush:, I must correct myself as I did a BING search..instead of Google.

Bing! Maybe try Go.com next time! (and tell them Ian sent you)

:D

Tinkerbella16
05-16-2012, 01:05 PM
So glad I chose not to go in November like I normally do.. instead I'm going in Sept and I have not been to this show yet, but I'm booked to go on Sept 27th and I can't wait to finally experience it. Thats a long time for closing though.. its such a popular, if not the most popular dinner show in WDW.