PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Annual Pass Question

Gator
05-15-2012, 08:16 PM
I have a family member from Bakersfield who bought my wife and I a SoCal Annual pass. It's the one that's only for weekdays in the non-summer parts of the year. Are we gonna get a lot of grief at the gate for having this and living in Central Cal, or will they let us in. I really don't want to have to take it to a ticket counter and exchange up. What do you think?

2Epcot
05-15-2012, 08:51 PM
I don't think you will have any problems. The CMs at the gate don't have time to check everyone's ID.

Gator
05-15-2012, 08:57 PM
I don't think you will have any problems. The CMs at the gate don't have time to check everyone's ID.

Hmmm. So there's still a chance they keep us out? We usually go in the not-so-busy times like November and February. Or do I give them the honest answer and squeek in. I hate confrontation at the happiest place on earth.

2Epcot
05-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Hmmm. So there's still a chance they keep us out? We usually go in the not-so-busy times like November and February. Or do I give them the honest answer and squeek in. I hate confrontation at the happiest place on earth.

I really doubt you will have any problems at all. Are these tickets you take right to the gate, or have to exchange at the ticket booth? If you go right to the gate, you will be fine.

BrerGnat
05-16-2012, 09:18 AM
If it's an ANNUAL PASS, then you will be in trouble.

The Annual Passes have to be activated once you enter the park or they become null and void. You won't have an issue getting IN, but once you go to activate it, you will run into a roadblock. You have to provide your photo I.D. for identification purposes, and provide a CURRENT mailing address that reflects a southern california zip code. If your driver's license shows a Northern CA zip code, you have to provide proof that you reside in Southern CA (by showing a utility bill with your name and so cal mailing address).

You will not be able to do this. They will deny it if you can't prove you live here. What they will do is apply the price of the AP to a park hopper ticket or a Deluxe or Premium AP and do an exchange for you, but you will NOT be able to hold a So. Cal AP if you are not a So. Cal resident.

I know your relatives were trying to help, but it wasn't a smart idea.

When you arrive at Disneyland, go to Guest Relations, explain what happened, and ask what your options are PRIOR to entering the park. Once you enter the park, and you find out at the AP processing center that you need to change to a different ticket type, they will NOT be able to help you there, and will direct you back OUT of the park and to the Guest Relations windows outside, where an exchange can be done.

tinkwest
05-16-2012, 11:10 AM
"The SoCal and SoCal Select Annual Passes are valid only for Southern California residents living in ZIP codes 90000 to 93599."

If your zip code falls within this criteria, then you're OK. If not, follow Brer Gnat's advice and straighten it out BEFORE entering the parks.

Disney4us2
05-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Go to Guest Services before entering the park. It is next to the lockers. There is no more AP processing center. Everything is now done at the ticket booths (pictures taken by photopass). Hope it all works out for you.

BrerGnat
05-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Go to Guest Services before entering the park. It is next to the lockers. There is no more AP processing center. Everything is now done at the ticket booths (pictures taken by photopass). Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks, Marci, for the information. I didn't know they did away with the AP processing centers.

Disney4us2
05-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks, Marci, for the information. I didn't know they did away with the AP processing centers.

The old AP processing center is now Jolly Holiday Bakery. DCA is still a mess(only for a short while to go now) with all the walls and a trailor for guest services inside the park.

Gator
05-16-2012, 08:16 PM
If it's an ANNUAL PASS, then you will be in trouble.

The Annual Passes have to be activated once you enter the park or they become null and void.

I was afraid of this. What a freakin pain. Another reason why I haven't been to D-land in 6 years. You have to live within 10 miles to get any decent discount.