PDA

View Full Version : mini trip this weekend- how does this plan sound?

Lizzy
05-15-2012, 04:31 PM
We live about an hour away. So we plan on leaving about 8 am, and doing an early check in at the Poly around 9ish. I am traveling with a 19 month old, a 4.5 year old and a 13 year old, (along with my SO and myself, who act like 12 year olds :blush: )

We plan on going straight over to the MK. We will do a counter service lunch somewhere in the park.

We will probably head back to the Poly around 4, to take a break for the little ones then do some swimming. We have late dinner ressies at Ohana's at 9:30. I am hoping they will be able to squeeze us in just a tad earlier than that.

On Sunday we will eat a small breakfast (probably bring some cereal with us) and head back to the MK. We want to just take it slow and enjoy the whole park over 2 days. We have lunch ressies at Crystal Palace and then will spend the rest of the day at MK until about 7. We have to get home for the 13 year olds last week of school and exams or we would stay later.

I am still a little iffy on the first day plan. I thought maybe we should check in early and do our swimming and hotel hanging out in the morning. Eat lunch and let the kids take a quickie nap in the room between 1-2 (my kids are good at napping anywhere and anytime I lay them down) and then going to MK until about 8:30. Head back to the Poly then for our dinner ressies.

How would you plan it?

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Sounds like a great trip!

I would head to the parks, and then come back for a nap/rest time, since I'd bet the kids (and the bigger kids) will be too excited to nap anyways earlier.

#1donaldfan
05-16-2012, 12:09 PM
I love your plan !!! Wish I were an hour away !!!!! I would check in much earlier so I could open MK !!! I love that show !!!! :mickey:

dizneydeb22
05-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Any plan that includes Disney World has got to be a good one! ;) But it sounds great! I am so envious that you are only an hour away!

Have a great trip and good luck on getting in earlier at O'Hana! :mickey:

JenniferP
05-16-2012, 02:06 PM
I think that your plan sounds great, especially for the first day where you had your concern. Going to the Magic Kingdom in the morning is a good choice, especially since you have little ones with you. Then you can return in the late afternoon and the kids can nap for a while before you go swimming. You won't have to worry about rushing for dinner and you can relax and take it easy beforehand. In case your time would get moved up, then you know you'd be around the hotel regardless. I think if you chose to go to the Magic Kingdom in the afternoon until your dinner reservation, you might feel rushed while you're at the park.

It must be nice living that close, I hope you enjoy your weekend!

Lizzy
05-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks, I really wanted to get there earlier but my SO has to close his restaurant the night before so he won't be getting home until 1-1:30 am, so he will need to sleep a little bit before I am rushing him out the door! :blush:

OMG I cannot wait- 2 days! Ahhhhh! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-17-2012, 10:09 AM
I think your plans sound fabulous, Lizzy! I hope you all have a terrific time! :thumbsup: