PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express from different states

ransam
05-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Not sure what board to use for this question.
I am going to wdw in a few months, planning it now.
I'm going to be going w/ a friend who lives in a different state. I am in kansas, she's in Colorado. we will be on the same reservation.
when we book our trip can we get the magical express for two different airports?

thank you.

MickeysBestPal
05-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Not sure what board to use for this question.
I am going to wdw in a few months, planning it now.
I'm going to be going w/ a friend who lives in a different state. I am in kansas, she's in Colorado. we will be on the same reservation.
when we book our trip can we get the magical express for two different airports?

thank you.

The only airport that matters is that you're flying into the Orlando (MCO) airport.

It doesn't matter from which city that you fly.

DME picks up bags from every airline's baggage check at the Orlando (MCO) airport.

Each member of your party will be taken from the airport to WDW whenever that guest's flight arrives.

disneymom15
05-15-2012, 04:19 PM
If you're asking about your return trip to the airport, just make sure that DME has both of your flight numbers and departure times.

DizneyRox
05-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Well, if you are on the same reservation, but different flights, you really might want to ask Disney. Typically tey send the yellow luggage tags to one person, so it would be up to you to get that person tags, or somehow arrange for the luggage.

As long as you are all listed on a reservation and have ME setup before you arrive, there's not much of a problem getting the people to the resort. You need the tags though, otherwise it's not much of a savings. I think you can stop by the ME desk and describe your luggage, etc, but then are you sure they got it?

It's worth a call, if they can send a set of tags to the other party, you're golden...

ElenitaB
05-15-2012, 08:43 PM
We have done this before, and yes, they do send the luggage tags to the main person on the reservation. But there are luggage tags for each person included on that reservation. It will be up to you to send the tags to your friend (they do arrive a few weeks before you arrive so you do have time).

LVT
05-16-2012, 05:44 PM
If you do not get the luggage tag to her in time, you will simply pick up her luggage at MCO airport and take it with you on the Magic Express bus.

MickeysBestPal
05-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Well, if you are on the same reservation, but different flights, you really might want to ask Disney. Typically tey send the yellow luggage tags to one person, so it would be up to you to get that person tags, or somehow arrange for the luggage.

As long as you are all listed on a reservation and have ME setup before you arrive, there's not much of a problem getting the people to the resort. You need the tags though, otherwise it's not much of a savings. I think you can stop by the ME desk and describe your luggage, etc, but then are you sure they got it?

It's worth a call, if they can send a set of tags to the other party, you're golden...

We have done this before, and yes, they do send the luggage tags to the main person on the reservation. But there are luggage tags for each person included on that reservation. It will be up to you to send the tags to your friend (they do arrive a few weeks before you arrive so you do have time).

If you do not get the luggage tag to her in time, you will simply pick up her luggage at MCO airport and take it with you on the Magic Express bus.

Guest do not actually need the yellow DME luggage tags in order for DME to pick up their bags.

Just take your actual issued by the airline at your departure Luggage Claim Checks to the DME desk when you check in.

DME CM's will use those Claim Checks to retrieve your luggage and take it to your resort room in the regular manner.

This is one of the main reasons that Disney no longer sends but a couple of the yellow tags in the DME package... they just are not really necessary.

(Of course, if you WANT to take your own bags, that will be just fine, too. The DME guest buses all have undercarriages that will carry your bags along with you to your resort, at which time your DME bus driver will hand you your baggage.)