PDA

View Full Version : Where can I go???

minnie04
05-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Where can I go to see if something I have "disney" is worth anything???

minnie04
05-15-2012, 04:16 PM
WOW 62 poeple read this and no one knows where to go...lol oh well I guess I will search the web. Thanks anyway..:mickey:

Scott C
05-15-2012, 04:54 PM
I will usually just try to see if any are for sale on that big auction site.

Thanks
Scott C
formerly from Homestead Fla

Ian
05-15-2012, 04:56 PM
It might be easier to tell you if you tell us what you have? There are quite a few different places to check depending on what it is.

Also, I keep a pretty decent eye on the Disneyana marketplace so I may be able to just tell you what it's worth right here.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Well, many of us on this site find anything "Disney" is worth something - usually more sentimental than monetary and that is just fine with us.

But getting a quote - if it is old - some antique dealers can help- otherwise hit that big auction website and see if it is on there for any price.

Ian
05-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Just from an overall expectation standpoint, I can tell you that there are very few Disney collectables (or any collectables really) that are worth much these days. The downturn in the economy has dramatically affected the collectables market and, with a few exceptions, values are often pennies on the dollar of what they used to be.

Unless you have something very old, in very good condition, and very limited in availability you're probably not sitting on a gold mine.

BriarRose0708
05-15-2012, 11:08 PM
My parents have an antiques and collectibles business and while they don't specialize in Disneyana they've picked up a few cute things here and there like cartoon glasses, figurines and the like. The main thing to keep in mind is that what you may see items to be worth online is likely to be very inflated, especially the action sites. That only reflects what others are willing to pay for an item and not necessarily what it is "worth". The worth goes up and down with each market and the level of rarity, popularity, and authenticity (reproductions are worth nothing). Your best bet is to Google Disney collectible experts and contact them if you have a question about something specific, or go to the library or local bookseller and reference the latest edition of a Disney collectible pricing book. The general collectible books can be ok references too, but they don't include extensive lists of memorabilia from over the years. When in doubt, I usually start with Kovell's. Good luck!

minnie04
05-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Thank you all for your help. Well what I have isn’t that big of a deal. I have a (don't laugh) a tow hitch. I know they have them out there, but this particular one is coming up discontinued and the people that are trying to sell it are asking $399.00... I was shocked to see it at this price and wondered if the one I have unopened would be worth that now. I paid like $30.00 for it years ago. I bought two thinking when one got messed up or I changed SUV'S I would have a fresh one to put on a new SUV. :D I am not going to sell it, but I was curious to see how much it might be worth. It is kind of unique I have not to this day seen one like it.

I have had a few people hit the back of my SUV and my Mickey has saved my bumper..lol..They have either cracked theirs or have the indent of Mickey on their car. I love this hitch. When i get out to check after someone has hit me (never really bad) I'am more worried about my Mickey then my car !!

If you want to see which one it is go to amazon and search PLC2243 Mickey Hitch Plug. :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
05-16-2012, 09:57 AM
The Mickey one is really cute. But $399.99? Seriously?
For $13.99 for Tigger, it would be the one I'd get.

Ed
05-16-2012, 10:20 AM
I am convinced that the $399 shown on Amazon's site is either a HUGE typo or somebody's wildest dream. Ain't no way in the world I'd pay anywhere near that much. I suspect the correct price is more like $39, which I would pay for it.

The same item is listed on eBay for $33.

minnie04
05-16-2012, 10:25 AM
I am convinced that the $399 shown on Amazon's site is either a HUGE typo or somebody's wildest dream. Ain't no way in the world I'd pay anywhere near that much. I suspect the correct price is more like $39, which I would pay for it.

Thats what I said. I did look around and some other site had it for $339.00 I do think its a typo. Or someone is just :crazy:

minnie04
05-16-2012, 10:28 AM

I just looked at the one your talking about and thats not the one I have. :mickey: