PDA

View Full Version : Aulani and Excursions

DVC2004
05-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Has anyone who's been to Aulani booked any of the Excursions? We'll be there in 2 weeks. We've been looking for a while but the prices seem out of line- $154 per adult for a catamaran snorkel? I don't remember what the kids price was but I want to say my kids are beyond the age cut off fo any discount anyway. Am I missing something- why would this cost so much?

I'm not trying to be cheap, I don't mind paying for quality if I thought there was a reason to go this way versus booking a similar experience through another tour provider. I booked on my own a shark cage experience (and that cost less if you can believe it) and a luau. We also plan to visit the USS Arizona Memorial/Pear Harbor. We do have a car rented. We would like to snorkel but left that one up in the air for now, since there's an opportunity to do it at the resort. We aren't sure yet if we want to go do an open water snorkel. I would like to snorkel with turtles or dolphins. :)

If you did an Aulani excursion what did you think and was it worth the $$$?

TheDuckRocks
05-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Remember the Arizona Memorial tour is free through the National Park Service and is the only one that grants you transportation by the Navy onto the Memorial. If you pay an outside tour company they will only load you on a boat and cruise you around the Memorial.

DVC2004
05-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the tip!