PDA

View Full Version : Tour help

cuteduck223
05-14-2012, 01:54 PM
My dad is turning 60 in June. He's pretty fit, but a little overweight. We're going to wdw in Sept. and i am looking to get a special tour/experience for him.

He's very outdoorsy, hunting/fishing type, but he also REALLY loves special experiences and trying new things.

I've been debating a few things.
1. fishing excursion
2. wild africa trek
3. epcot segway tour
4. fort wilderness segway tour (we've staying there a million times, but he's not ever done it)

The thing is...i really don't know his weight, so im nervous about the segway tour.

We're staying at the beach club. Any other thoughts/advice? He didn't get to do very much on our last trip as mom was sick most of the time and he stayed back with her.

scooterca42
05-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Does he snorkel? Even if he's not a diver the Seas has a snorkelling thing, I think. But I bet more folks will be along shortly!

I know what you mean about the weight - I wouldn't put him in the position of getting excited about something but then not being able to do it. Many men just don't know what they weigh! You could possibly bring it up "a friend was looking at this but the weight limit is X" and see what his response is. Two of your ideas are Segway, so it would probably be worth even just asking.

Crow
05-14-2012, 08:15 PM
yea i think the Segway would b fun but idk if i could either..ask him
the only tour ive been on is Hidden treasures of World showcase. that they dont offer anymore. that was becouse i like Epcot the best.
he might like the snorkeling. and they do offer fishing trips.

LVT
05-16-2012, 06:26 PM
My husband is 62 and has enjoyed 2 segway tours at Fort Wilderness now.

faline
05-16-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't think the original poster is overly concerned about the age of the participant but, rather, whether or not the participant will meet the weight requirements. If unsure, I'd suggest going with the fishing expedition. (Can your mom clue you in on his weight so you could determine whether or not he'd qualify for the Segway tour?)