PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown Suggestion

Urbss
05-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Maybe it's just me.

I don't really care for seafood much (actually, not at all), but I love the breading that the Rose and Crown uses on their Fish & Chips. (I try to steal some from my wife's fish that she gets every year when we are there).

I wish they would offer the same thing only have a chicken & chips version. Long John Silvers does this and it is probably my favorite chicken of all time!!

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-13-2012, 06:17 PM
This is why I get it from the CS stand outside - It is about the only fish that I eat. But Clucks and Chips alternative would be good too.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-13-2012, 10:01 PM
I would totally go for a chicken and chips! It is what DH gets me every Good Friday from our local english Fish & Chippy :thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
05-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Well, I think the batter fried chicken would be delicious, but it is not traditional English food.

England is a fishing nation...it's surrounded by ocean. Fish was a cheap protein for those who were poor back in the day. Good cuts of red meat used to be much more expensive. (Why else would they make KIDNEY pie? Ish.) So, that's why the national food is fish and chips.

Disney puts a high premium on theming, so I think batter fried chicken will not be appearing on the Rose & Crown menu any time soon.

SBETigg
05-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Well, I think the batter fried chicken would be delicious, but it is not traditional English food...

Disney puts a high premium on theming, so I think batter fried chicken will not be appearing on the Rose & Crown menu any time soon.

Agreed. While it would be delicious, I'm sure, I don't think it fits the restaurant theme. Fish and chips goes along with expectations of British pub food, but battered chicken does not. Long John Silvers is a fast food place focused on fish but making concessions for people with other preferences to widen the customer base. Rose and Crown has a theme to uphold and has many other choices besides the fish and chips if fish isn't your thing.

DVC2004
05-14-2012, 04:08 PM
They used to have a really good chicken dish on the menu, it was not fried but it was a sauteed breast. It sounds so plain bu it wasn't, it was super good and was served on a bread pudding (which was savory and not like dessert bread pudding). It's not there anymore :(.

I do agree that fried chicken for the fish would be really good, but I agree since it's not English I don't think they would offer that. I don't care for fish either (especially fried).

hoop de do
05-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Maybe England should teach their chickens to swim. :chicken::fishbowl:
Good idea though.

Disney Doll
05-15-2012, 03:32 PM
I like fish so I'm fine with fish and chips, but I don't like many fried foods. If they added a new chicken dish I'd rather it be a grilled option. Rose and Crown has good steak. I've never tried it, but I noticed that the pot roast looked good and I seriously considered their chicken curry last time, but I decided not to be adventurous.

MissMaryPoppins
05-16-2012, 04:44 PM
I recently looked something up about British cuisine and chicken and chips is actually quite popular in England. Personally, I like fish and chips but I also enjoy trying something new on the menu. I think chicken and chips would be a good addition.