PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Restaurant for celebrations

j2k
05-12-2012, 03:50 PM
What is your favorite restaurant in "World" for a special celebration meal (birthday, anniversary, engagements, graduation, etc)? I'm looking for more of a family style celebration, not so much romantic but fun! Would you schedule a meal/show? Thanks!

ANG
05-12-2012, 07:33 PM
For a general celebration, I would choose somewhere that has entertainment like Ohana, Whispering Canyon Cafe, etc.

Katzateer
05-12-2012, 09:06 PM
California Grill! Great food. Great view. And they are wonderful with special occasions! Just let them know when you book.

disneymomma2010
05-12-2012, 09:52 PM
If you have kids the whispering canyon and Ohana are really great. My boys have celebrated their birthday at wc every year and they make a big fuss and have activities for the kids.

Fastpasssteve
05-14-2012, 01:32 AM
So...you could go a few different ways.

If you want to have a great dignified time, I'd go with California Grill. Respectable.

OR

If you want to have a rip roaring good time with a lot of beer, I'd go to the Biergarten. They have good food, great beer, live entertainment, and a fun environment. My friends and I go to the Biergarten to kick-off each trip to WDW. It's our first stop! :beer:

Pop Centurion
05-14-2012, 10:08 PM
I've always noticed that big family groups get a good amount of attention at the Hoop Dee Doo. They ask if anyone is celebrating a birthday/anniversary/honeymoon then stop at those tables and will joke around with the group & sometimes choose from those larger groups someone to volunteer on stage.

j2k
05-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Any opinions on Spirit of Aloha? I've seen mixed reviews on one of the travel website (Travelocity or TripAdvisor, I think).