PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
05-12-2012, 02:44 AM
All this talk of Cars land and no mention of the amazing work going on in Disneyland?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the attention this attraction is getting. It has always been one of my favorites at the park. It has never looked better. Pictures really do not do it justice.

I've watched the behind the scenes video that Disney Parks Blog released. Pretty interesting stuff.

Great job to the entire team working on this project. You can bet I will be there on reopening day!

Fingers crossed for a soft opening on this one!

:smickey:

DVC2004
05-12-2012, 01:38 PM
I am very excited about the new ride cars. We love this ride, but those old ride cars made for a rough ride!

Disney4us2
05-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I too am looking forward to it's re opening. I really miss the Matterhorn. Saw the new bobsleds last weekend. They look great. They are white with green interiors. Got a quick look from Alice in Wonderland and then on the Monorail.

tinkwest
05-12-2012, 07:44 PM
We were just talking today about how much we are anticipating the reopening of the Matterhorn. Truly one ride that has thrilled me since childhood. :coaster:

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
05-16-2012, 12:32 AM
As much as I love the look of everything that is happening at DCA and the expansion. I will be heading to Matterhorn first.

:smickey:

robnadina
05-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Has there been a confirmation that they are increasing the height reqmt for Matterhorn?

2Epcot
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Has there been a confirmation that they are increasing the height reqmt for Matterhorn?

I haven't seen anything official from Disney, but someone on another site wrote Disney to ask. They got a response a couple of days ago from a representative who said the height requirement will not change. The Disneyland website still shows: 35" (89 cm) or Taller.

garthbarth1
05-16-2012, 09:55 PM
When is it scheduled to reopen? We are going for the first time ever to DL (have been several times to DW) over Labor Day and this is one ride i am dying to get on!! :mickey:

2Epcot
05-17-2012, 12:42 AM
When is it scheduled to reopen? We are going for the first time ever to DL (have been several times to DW) over Labor Day and this is one ride i am dying to get on!! :mickey:

The Matterhorn is scheduled to open the same day Cars Land and Buena Vista Street open at DCA ... June 15th (hopefully to draw some people to Disneyland, we'll see). :mickey:

robnadina
05-17-2012, 02:04 PM
I haven't seen anything official from Disney, but someone on another site wrote Disney to ask. They got a response a couple of days ago from a representative who said the height requirement will not change. The Disneyland website still shows: 35" (89 cm) or Taller.

This is awesome news! DD is 4 yo but barely 37 in and this is her favorite ride. With the new seating, we were afraid she wouldnt be able to go on.