PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex Cafe too scary for a 2 year old

faberj
05-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Is T-Rex cafe too scary for a two year old. My DS is starting to get into Dinos (loves Dinosaur Train) and was wondering if it is overly loud and are any of the dines scary. I was considering making ADR's to eat there if others with toddlers have had good experiences.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Although DD wasn't a toddler when we went, it is REALLY loud. So, if your little one (or you) struggles with noise it might be too much.

I think some of the dino theming might be lost on a toddler, but I also know a lot of people who really love the T-Rex!

Georgesgirl1
05-11-2012, 09:56 PM
On our last trip ODS had just turned 3 and he was fascinated by the outside of T-Rex. We didn't eat there, but we did go into the gift shop area. He didn't want to get too close to the dining area because it was really loud, but he is very sensitive to loud noises.

natstroop
05-11-2012, 11:25 PM
There's a video on YouTube of the inside that might give you an idea of what it's like.

MDcar1
05-12-2012, 09:00 AM
It is really really loud, a little on the dark side, food wasn't that good, sooooo not worth the money

Fastpasssteve
05-14-2012, 01:38 AM
If you are concerned about your 2 yr old, I'd sit in the ice cave room (that's probably not what they call it--hahahahaha) and not in the room where the dinosaur animatronics are. The ice room stays lighted in various colors. Your child may find it less scary. Just put in your request at the podium and tell them why your requested that section.

epceddie
05-14-2012, 11:45 PM
My wife and I didn't enjoy T-Rex at all. We were plopped right in the middle of a packed dining room with screaming kids all around us and the noise level made it just about impossible to have a normal conversation. The food was only so-so and we've vowed to never eat there again.
But, on the other hand, there were a lot of families who seemed to be enjoying themselves. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Tink#64
05-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Well we really enjoyed T-Rex 2 years ago! We hadn't planned on eating there, it just happened. A CM told us of an fast approaching storm & so we asked, maybe 4 pm'ish & were happy to be given a table asap! Actaully we enjoyed more than the RFC, but we've eaten there several times. Food was decent, theming was neat. I don't remember it being loud or crowded when we were there. Of course this was probably due to the early dining hour for us. Yes the meteor shower was loud, but only lasts a brief time, so you should think about your little one's sensitivty & tolerance levels. My DS's are teens, but they liked the theming & took several pics. We enjoyed looking in to the various rooms/sections & decors. It is loud, just as RFC. Have you eaten there so you can compare? I'd definitely check out any video, as I think that's always helpful to get an idea of what to expect! :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
05-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Kids are different. My two year old would probably love it, but he's never been because I know my 4 year old can't handle it. I'd say it's less about age and more about your child's temperament. I think it can easily be too much.

Take a restaurant, pack it with families so that there is hardly room between tables, add flashing lights and moving, roaring animatronic dinos and you don't really have a recipe for a relaxing meal. I feel like it's overwhelming and I'm an adult.