PDA

View Full Version : Swan or Dolphin

Tri Minnie
05-11-2012, 01:27 PM
My husband has a conference at the Swan/Dolphin, and we can choose to stay at either one. We were leaning toward the Swan, because it has the two queen beds. As a little background, we have three small children. Would one be better over the other?

Tigerinvestigator
05-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I would choose the Dolphin over Swan with Kids. We have stayed at both many times and the Dolphin is much more kid friendly. Not that much difference in the beds really. Picabu is a huge plus for kids as well. The Swan is better for couples or people wanting a quieter resort. The Dolphin also has the candy shop and the fountain with ice cream etc.:thumbsup:

Crow
05-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Id probably agree...I just booked the Dolphin. its a little bigger and a few more shops

BugeyedMuggy
05-12-2012, 04:03 PM
With kids I would agree the Dolphin. It also has a 24 hour food court.

southerngirl
05-14-2012, 12:22 PM
We usually stay at the Swan with our kids and are fine. We picked it because the beds are bigger, which matters a lot to us. We have seen a lot of kids at both hotels, so either is fine. You could ask for a room close to the back entrance, which is just across the sidewalk from the Dolphin. That way, you're just a few steps from the amenities over there, like the 24 hr cafeteria and The Fountain, but you still have the bigger beds. The Swan has good restaurants, too, including a good pool side one with lots of choices, but the more casual places are at the Dolphin.

Tigerinvestigator
05-14-2012, 02:59 PM
The ages of your kids will matter as the Swan only allows 4 people in their rooms while the Dolphin allows 5 guests.

disneyduggan
05-15-2012, 12:40 AM
I was just going to mention the 4-person max in a standard Swan room...but why would the ages of the kids matter? Is there a rule about ages or is it just a flat regulation, 4-person max?

Tigerinvestigator
05-15-2012, 11:17 AM
I was just going to mention the 4-person max in a standard Swan room...but why would the ages of the kids matter? Is there a rule about ages or is it just a flat regulation, 4-person max?

Under 3 does not count as an occupant in most hotels.

Tri Minnie
05-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Thank you for the replies. I like the idea of requesting a room near the back entrance of the Swan. I think the bigger beds will make a difference, as we often have children moving from bed to bed :)

We have two under three. I think you can only have one not officially count against the room count, but we should still be good.