PDA

View Full Version : character rotation

TysMomTink
05-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Can anyone give any insight as to why Disney doesn't rotate the characters more often? Aside from the standard meet-n-greets, I feel like it would be nice to mix up who they send out. Someone on Intercot echoed my thoughts on Daisy and Stitch being at the epcot entrance -- I have the same pictures in the same spot for three years in a row. Just thinking that with the entire arsenal of characters they have, what would be the reasoning to keep sending out the same?

asianway
05-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Wdw leadership has put an increased focus on profit above all else. To alter the greet lineup regularly would require more management staff to plan and coordinate. Also more wear and tear.

So efficiency is placed before show, which is not the way it's supposed to be.

Sad but true

i'm grumpy
05-28-2012, 10:43 AM
And Daisy was at the MK entrace as well. :down: In fact, we saw very few characters anywhere. :mad:

Melanie
05-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Someone on Intercot echoed my thoughts on Daisy and Stitch being at the epcot entrance -- I have the same pictures in the same spot for three years in a row. Just thinking that with the entire arsenal of characters they have, what would be the reasoning to keep sending out the same?

That was probably me, as that is the one that burns me up the most. I think it's ridiculous that some of the characters they use as 'surprise' characters around Epcot at times couldn't be moved to the front every once and a while.

Fangorn
05-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Guests are not the only ones that are frustrated by this practice. Several entertainment CMs that I know have also expressed the frustration of being trained to be 6-10 different characters, but spend 90% of their character time as only one of those and always in the same location or two. Mixing things up a bit would seem to be an easy way to increase employee motivation.

Steve