PDA

View Full Version : Citricos or Narcoossee's

Soph and Han's Mom
05-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Anyone have an oppinion on which is better? Haven't eaten at either yet...having a hard time deciding!

Thanks!

VWL Mom
05-11-2012, 10:02 AM
While I find the food at both comparable, I would go with Narcoossee's because of the staff and surroundings. We try to go there at least every other trip.

Citrico's was a first for us last November and it will be a long time before we return. I for one, do not approve of waitstaff talking down to me or my son. DS16 was asking me why I got a black napkin while he and DH got white ones, the waiter butted in, gave my son a flip answer going so far as to ask how he didn't know that,and made him feel like an idiot. Not cool and I called the waiter out on it. Evening went downhill from there.

We usually eat later in the evening so we also enjoy watching the fireworks from the deck of Narcoossee's.

Crow
05-11-2012, 11:34 AM
only ate once at Narcoosees few yrs ago and prob wont go back. didnt think the food was that good compared to the price.
Ive heard people liking both places though

SurferStitch
05-11-2012, 11:47 AM
While I find the food at both comparable, I would go with Narcoossee's because of the staff and surroundings. We try to go there at least every other trip.

Citrico's was a first for us last November and it will be a long time before we return. I for one, do not approve of waitstaff talking down to me or my son. DS16 was asking me why I got a black napkin while he and DH got white ones, the waiter butted in, gave my son a flip answer going so far as to ask how he didn't know that,and made him feel like an idiot. Not cool and I called the waiter out on it. Evening went downhill from there.

We usually eat later in the evening so we also enjoy watching the fireworks from the deck of Narcoossee's.

DITTO!!!

Both times we at at Citricos we were treated very rudely. I was shocked at how arrogant the servers were. The last time we went there we were staying in the GF Main Building concierge. Before dinner DH had a couple glasses of wine in the lounge, so he didn't want any at dinner. Our server was quite annoyed by this, and made a rude comment about being too cheap to buy one at dinner and filling up on "free" stuff in the loung. She then tried to charge him for a glass of wine (I had one, and she charged us for 2). She actually stood there and argued with DH when he wanted the charge taken off our bill. She insisted he had a glass.

Now Narcoossee's... We dine there EVERY trip, sometimes twice in a trip. The food is excellent, and the service is amazing. Always friendly, always helpful, and never, EVER rude. Being able to watch the fireworks from the deck is also a big plus.

Other than V&A, Narcoossee's is our very favorite restaurant on site.

dizneydeb22
05-11-2012, 11:58 AM
We went to Narcoossees a few years ago and loved it! We've never been to Citricos though. We hope to try it in the near future.

DebK
05-11-2012, 12:27 PM
We prefer to Narcoossee's to Citricos and usually eat there every trip.....

PlutoPlanet
05-11-2012, 12:45 PM
We love both. I prefer Narcoossee's for fish and Citricos for more Mediterranean. Can't go wrong with either.

SBETigg
05-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I've had great food and service at both. For our Citricos experience, we had some of the warmest, friendliest service we've ever had at WDW, or anywhere. They even moved us to a table with a fireworks view that had just become available for our dessert. They were lovely, both our server and the management. But it is always good for us at Narcoossee's, too. Citricos feels a little more formal of the two, and the cuisine is more elaborate perhaps. Narcoossee's feels a little more basic, more comfortable.

zipadeedoodah
05-11-2012, 01:58 PM
I've never eaten at Citricos, so I can't comment on it. However, Narcoossee's is a must on every trip. It's my favorite restaurant on property. We love to have a late dinner and watch the fireworks from MK. It's a PLUS if it's during the Halloween Party. Free HalloWishes! :) We will be doing that again in September... :mickey:

Fangorn
05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
For us, Citrico's has been, by far, the worst dining experience we've had on property. We ate there on my birthday a couple years ago and the check-in CMs were great. It went downhill fast from there. The server was unresponsive, arrogant and downright rude. At the table next to us, was either some regular customers or personal friends. He would spend 5-10 minutes at a time chatting with them and bringing them things while completely ignoring us. The food certainly wasn't worth the price, DW's meal having to be sent back because it was so overcooked. I spoke to the manager, but nothing came of it other than a bored "I'm sorry".

Narcoossee's on the other hand was a delight all around. The staff (servers, chefs, maitre 'd, and general manager) were wonderful. The attention to detail was amazing and they made us feel so welcome and valued. The food was very good, the wines excellent (they have wine flights now) and the atmosphere very relaxing and romantic. Definitely "our place" now.

Steve

Soph and Han's Mom
05-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Holy cow...thanks for all the responses!!

Looks like Narcoossee's wins by a landslide!

Too bad I'm sure my 16 year old is going to order the $60 lobster...haha!

Looking forward to it. 2 1/2 weeks to go:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
05-14-2012, 12:07 PM
The lobster is worth EVERY penny!!

I will say, though... if they have scallops on the menu.... GET THEM!!! They are ALWAYS amazing!!

Glad to hear about the wine flights. That's right up my alley!! :thumbsup:

zipadeedoodah
05-14-2012, 12:16 PM
The Whole Main Lobster is AMAZING. It comes to your table ready to eat! No cutting through the shell....just scoop it out and enjoy! :)

SBETigg
05-14-2012, 12:28 PM
The Whole Main Lobster is AMAZING. It comes to your table ready to eat! No cutting through the shell....just scoop it out and enjoy! :)

That one's not a big draw for me, since I live close enough to Maine to have Maine lobster every now and then. It's one of my favorite things, but I like trying other things at Narcoossee's. It is a good choice if you don't live in New England, though. I think they do some incredible things with other fish dishes and actually the chicken dish my daughter had at Narcoossee's was really good, too. Narcoossee's is one of our consistent WDW favorites.