PDA

View Full Version : Grocery stores near DL?

Mary Chase
05-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Trying to decide where to stay for our upcoming trip and can't decide if a free continental breakfast is a big enough deal to make our decision based on that. Usually when we go to Disney we eat breakfast in the room - cold cereal, muffins - the usual continental breakfasts. We usually pack what we can (food) and buy milk/water for the room. We won't have a car, so I was wondering if there is some place nearby (walking distance) to pick up a few things. Of course - trying to avoid the Disney prices.

tinkwest
05-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Kind of hard to answer that without knowing where you would be trying to reach the grocery store from. There is a Food 4 Less and a Target within a couple of miles of the Resort. There are quite a few 7/11s, AmPms, and the like within the resort area. If you have an idea of where you would be staying you could probably get to or at least close to any of these on the Anaheim Resort Transit system if the walk seems too much.

BrerGnat
05-11-2012, 08:30 AM
There are convenience stores all up and down Harbor Blvd and Katella. However, you will find that the prices are not really so much lower than on property. They are slightly better, but as an example, I paid $1.50 for ONE banana at a 7-11 near Disneyland and the same piece of fruit is $1.79 on property. So, really, it's negligible.

There is a cart in Downtown Disney that sells some breakfast items. It's sort of near the La Brea Bakery, opposite the entrance to World of Disney. This cart has individual cereal bowls, milk, juice, coffee, and some basic pastries (muffins, croissants, etc.) It's run by La Brea Bakery. It's not overly expensive.

If you are staying off property anyway, though, might as well find a place that offers continental breakfast. There are plenty of those.

Mary Chase
05-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the info. We're probably going to pick a hotel "across the street" from Disneyland but not sure which one. The things we usually buy are just a case of bottled water and some milk for cereal. We pack everything else. So I guess it's not that big of a deal if we have to buy the milk at the hotel, but buying a case of water as opposed to individual bottles might save us some money. Not much, I'm sure - but I guess every little bit helps!

Tiggerlovr9000
05-26-2012, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the info. We're probably going to pick a hotel "across the street" from Disneyland but not sure which one. The things we usually buy are just a case of bottled water and some milk for cereal. We pack everything else. So I guess it's not that big of a deal if we have to buy the milk at the hotel, but buying a case of water as opposed to individual bottles might save us some money. Not much, I'm sure - but I guess every little bit helps!

The ice water tasted great at disneyland and its free.

BrerGnat
05-26-2012, 06:37 AM
The ice water tasted great at disneyland and its free.

Yep! Anaheim water is good. :)

I suggest you look into a Bobble. It's a water bottle with a filter built into the cap. $10 at Target. Filter is good for like 2 months of continuous use. You simply fill the bottle from any water fountain and voila...filtered, "bottled" water. MUCH cheaper. Our family uses one of these at WDW, but when I lived near DL, I'd just take any old bottle of water and refill it at water fountains.