PDA

View Full Version : Site Test Balloons Fly High Over Poly

DizneyFreak2002
05-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Just as the title of this thread says, site test balloons popped up over Poly... Let the Poly DVC expansion rumors begin....

texas211
05-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Well, it is all under construction in the space b/w Poly and Grand. ???

DizneyFreak2002
05-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Well, it is all under construction in the space b/w Poly and Grand. ???

The construction goign on by GF is for the GF DVC... This is for the Poly...

Aurora
05-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Oh please... oh please... :cloud9:

Crow
05-11-2012, 12:09 AM
how about keeping up w rehabs in all of the resorts first.. do we really need more DVC...im just saying

DizneyRox
05-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Actually,it's better for Disney to have DVC. The members pay the maintenance costs and they don't have to care about filling the rooms like the hotels. If it it's idle, there's still members paying for the upkeep.

Once people stop buying into DVC, you'll see them stop. Poly is the last deluxe without DVC (except yacht club, but beach club is right there). It'll be interesting what happens next, do they attach to the moderates, or build new like SSR. There's still the Fort Wilderness rumor...

laprana
05-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh, I so hope it's true! :cloud9: A Poly DVC would be awesome! It's my favorite resort, so being able to use our points there would be great!!

Disney Doll
05-11-2012, 11:20 AM
They definitely need more DVC on the monorail loop. Bay Lake has been nearly impossible for us to get into.

DizneyFreak2002
05-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Actually,it's better for Disney to have DVC. The members pay the maintenance costs and they don't have to care about filling the rooms like the hotels. If it it's idle, there's still members paying for the upkeep.

Once people stop buying into DVC, you'll see them stop. Poly is the last deluxe without DVC (except yacht club, but beach club is right there). It'll be interesting what happens next, do they attach to the moderates, or build new like SSR. There's still the Fort Wilderness rumor...

Or, with the Poly, start from scratch, which has been rumored too...

TinkerbellT421
05-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Just as the title of this thread says, site test balloons popped up over Poly... Let the Poly DVC expansion rumors begin....

Just out of curiosity. This might be a stupid question. But what exactly are "site test balloons"? :blush:

shadowden
05-11-2012, 12:19 PM
very interesting, indeed...

DizneyFreak2002
05-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Just out of curiosity. This might be a stupid question. But what exactly are "site test balloons"? :blush:

Testing site lines... Large colored balloons are placed in certain areas to test the site lines from certain areas...

I'm going to just assume that they were testing sight lines from Magic Kingdom to see how high of a tower could be built without destroying the view from MK....

Polynesian Dweller
05-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Or, with the Poly, start from scratch, which has been rumored too...

That's the least likely rumor. The location of the balloons is consistent with two ideas being floated (and the spot I've heard referenced the most), a DVC or rebuilt GCH that would also include rooms.The latter would make for a higher building, make it more consistent with GF and meet the need of replacing the GCH with the least disruption. At the moment it seems to be the leading rumor but we won't know until something is announced.

The site lines would mostly be about the Poly new rooms being able to see the MK. Theme park view sells regardless of DVC or rooms in the GCH.

JPL
05-17-2012, 09:53 AM
There have been lots of rumors floating around regarding structural concerns with some of the buildings at the Poly. It wouldn't surprise me if they do a remodel of effected building while adding DVC to the mix. Most likely this would be do in phases while trying not to disrupt the resort.

Lizzy
05-22-2012, 12:07 PM
I just got back from the Poly and didn't see any. They must have gotten all the info they needed quick and took them right down

Joannelet
05-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Wow this is so cool! I can only hope! :) I want to stay there! :)

Ian
05-23-2012, 08:45 PM
I've seen test balloons flying all week, but none of them have been near the Poly. Not saying there weren't others before, but these are all over on the Contemporary side of the TTC. More in the space where the Venetian resort was once rumored to be added.

Lizzy
05-24-2012, 10:51 AM
I was hoping to spot them, I wanted to show off that I knew what they were and what they were for :blush:

DizneyFreak2002
05-24-2012, 11:31 PM
I've seen test balloons flying all week, but none of them have been near the Poly. Not saying there weren't others before, but these are all over on the Contemporary side of the TTC. More in the space where the Venetian resort was once rumored to be added.

The ones by the Poly were two weeks ago... The new balloons were right where you said they were the last few days...

There have been reports of a R&D being done on a new transportation hub and possible new resort... But, who knows...

Ian
05-29-2012, 02:03 PM
There have been reports of a R&D being done on a new transportation hub and possible new resort... But, who knows...That's the first thing I thought of, because that is the space where the Venetian resort was slated to go in the original plan.

It would not shock me at all if they wanted to add a new deluxe resort on the monorail, given that the three that are there now are always at capacity and they can charge a serious premium for them.

JPL
05-29-2012, 02:26 PM
The place they were flying test balloons a few years ago really intrigued me not only were the flying the balloons but they had surveyers out at the same time right near that little beach where the buses pick up and drop off near the MK. They could get rid of the buses and build a deluxe right at the park entrance there.

Ian
05-29-2012, 07:45 PM
They could get rid of the buses and build a deluxe right at the park entrance there.Mmm ... while I like the sound of it, I don't think there's nearly enough space there. Not only that, but I doubt the Contemporary folks would approve. If they plopped a new resort down in that spot it would almost certainly impact the sight lines from those incredibly pricey tower rooms that face MK and that would be a big :nono:

DizneyFreak2002
05-29-2012, 08:12 PM
That's the first thing I thought of, because that is the space where the Venetian resort was slated to go in the original plan.

It would not shock me at all if they wanted to add a new deluxe resort on the monorail, given that the three that are there now are always at capacity and they can charge a serious premium for them.

Don't forget, they will add in DVC...

I wonder if this could actually also have something to do with the rumored Poly DVC addition and GCH removal... I wonder, how possible it is that a resort similar to Alunai is built where those balloons were flying, allowing Disney to do what have been rumored... Rebuilt Poly... Hmmmm