PDA

View Full Version : Booked our 1st Cruise...Questions!

jennsky
05-10-2012, 07:22 PM
So excited! We booked our first Disney cruise...well actually our first cruise ever(!) for January 2013. I'm gonna have a lot of questions so I hope you're all ready to help!

Here's my first one...We will be driving to Port Canaveral. Should we park right at the terminal or has anyone done the Park 'n Cruise thing where you take a shuttle?

AllDisney
05-13-2012, 12:43 PM
If you are driving I'd park right at the terminal. :mickey:

Ed
05-13-2012, 10:08 PM
I'd definitely park at the terminal. There's been some controversy lately about one particular off-site parking lot, where the lot's owner was joyriding a customer's Corvette; (http://www.wftv.com/news/news/parking-lot-owner-caught-using-customers-car/nNM6q/) little did he know that it was a "sting" by a local TV station. They even followed and filmed him with a helicopter and tracked him via GPS. :car:

That's not to say that they ALL do stuff like that, but I for one prefer to park my own vehicle, lock it, and take the keys with me!

Besides, at the port you'd be parking inside a garage, protected from the harsh Florida sun.

goofyfan4466
05-14-2012, 04:01 PM
I'd definitely park at the terminal. There's been some controversy lately about one particular off-site parking lot, where the lot's owner was joyriding a customer's Corvette; (http://www.wftv.com/news/news/parking-lot-owner-caught-using-customers-car/nNM6q/) little did he know that it was a "sting" by a local TV station. They even followed and filmed him with a helicopter and tracked him via GPS. :car:

That's not to say that they ALL do stuff like that, but I for one prefer to park my own vehicle, lock it, and take the keys with me!

aragBesides, at the port you'd be parking inside a ge, protected from the harsh Florida sun.

we have not been to the port since 2008. we parked outside right accross from the terminal. you can now park inside of a garage ? we drive an expedition will this fit in the garage under the low beams ? we are sailing on the dream in july. can't wait

thanks in advance

Ed
05-14-2012, 11:04 PM
we have not been to the port since 2008. we parked outside right accross from the terminal. you can now park inside of a garage ? we drive an expedition will this fit in the garage under the low beams ? we are sailing on the dream in july. can't wait

thanks in advance

In anticipation of the larger capacity of Dream/Fantasy, a five level garage was built directly across the roadway in front of the terminal. There is a footbridge at the third level that takes you directly into the reception area of the terminal.

My 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup, which is about 6.5 feet high fit just fine, and I've seen lots of Expedition-class vehicles parked in the garage.

jennsky
05-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Alright, I'm convinced. It's probably worth the convenience too by parking right there...especially with a couple little kids in tow.

Alright, as it gets closer, I'll be back with more questions! So excited...I keep watching a million different videos on youtube of the Dream!