PDA

View Full Version : Better chance of getting a last minute reservation?

angyl15
05-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Has anyone had the experience that they were able to get a sought after reservation last minute due to people cancelling 24 hours prior. I have not been to wdw since they changed all reservations to require a cc.

I am hoping to alter my chef mickey's reservation in July by one day :)

floridamom
05-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes, we have been able to get reservations about a week out. You have to keep checking though. The fact that it is all online now helps a lot.

ledudes
05-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Yes, people cancel and make changes all the time so just keep trying.

Fangorn
05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Not all ADRs require a credit card - only the Signature restaurants and a few of the others that are very popular, such as Chef Mickey's, 'Ohana and Le Cellier (lunch).

The credit card requirement does seem to be working though. Getting ADRs for these places is much easier now. We were able to change an 'Ohana ADR (bumped it out a day) the day before.

So, it can be done even at the last minute. I'd keep trying right up to the very last minute.

Steve

Disney Doll
05-10-2012, 03:48 PM
We have two young kids and don't like to make too many ADRs ahead of time because we like to have flexibility. We've gotten into the habit of making ressies on the Mobile Magic app about an hour or two before we want to eat. Usually we eat at places off the beaten path and have found some great places that way. I noticed last week when we were skimming over the choices for last minute ressies that Le Cellier came up. That one is supposed to be a hard one to get, but there it was on the day of with open availability. You just never know.

Fastpasssteve
05-14-2012, 01:45 AM
If you don't initially get the reservation at the desired restaurant...KEEP CALLING BACK. People often make more reservations than they can keep and end up cancelling...or simply changing their touring plans. Don't give up hope; be persistent. You will reap the benefits.

Davy Crockett
05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
A definate yes! We are 10 days out and for the past 3 weeks I've been logging on to "Better" a couple of reservation times and up until 2 days ago I've had no luck, BUT in the last two days I've been able to get the time we wanted for dinner at Le Cellier and just this morning I was able to move our ADR's from 4:50pm at Teppan Edo till 6:40pm... I was wanting 6:30 but hey what's 10 minutes :). So the moral of the story is keep checking and even put WDW's dining reservation number in your phone and call in the day before and see as sometimes opening don't show up immediately on-line but they are there.