PDA

View Full Version : Photographer

disneymom2000
05-09-2012, 05:51 PM
I am looking for a local photographer to take pictures of family at my resort. Does any one know a good inexpensive one that I can call prior to my visit?

mook3y
05-09-2012, 07:22 PM
you can arrange for a photo shoot with the Photopass photographers. They are not cheap, but by the time you pay travel fee & parking for an outside photographer, it might end up being cheaper having photopass do it.

Buttercup
05-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm a photographer, and I've been known to do photo shoots for clients while I'm at WDW! :mickey::thumbsup: When are you going to be down there? ;)

Disney does have photographers on staff (not just photopass ones, but people who do family photo shoots at resorts, etc.) that you could look into. I would do a google search for Orlando area family photographers and see what you come up with.

Pirate Granny
05-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Had the Disney photographer...not impressed...was $200 for an hour...had to ask them to touch up stuff an amateur would've caught. Very disappointed. BUT, I will try again on the next large family trip in 2014.

DizneyRox
05-09-2012, 08:57 PM
A CM with a camera does not a photographer make... If you want results, I'd look into a 'real' photographer. I'm a little leary of the photopass bunch, if they send their real photographers out on the resort shoots, that's one thing, but if instead of main street, they send a guy to your resort, I'd pass.

disneymom2000
05-09-2012, 09:13 PM
The trip is from July 28 to Aug 3rd. Will you be there then?

OTmomof3
05-09-2012, 11:00 PM
A couple of years ago we had a local photographer take our family portraits at our resort. They turned out fabulous and he was very reasonable. He took many photos all around the grounds of POR and we paid approximately $200 which included a photo cd that we could take anywhere to have prints made. I was very pleased.

Pirate Granny
05-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Our Disney photographer was not a photo pass CM, but one of their professionals. Not very creative...they knew how many people, ages of the kids (there were 4), and actually had a helper to pose us (worthless). We liked the idea, and we did get the CD, but before Disney touched up the pictures for obvious problems... There is a person who advertises that takes resort pictures. My pictures were taken in EPCOT WS before it was open to the public...which is why I went with the Disney photographer. We are considering a 20 minute shoot at a resort this summer with just 2 DGD.

Disney Doll
05-10-2012, 03:59 PM
We used a Disney photographer at Grand Floridian a few years back and while it was pretty special to have family photos on the beach at the resort the skills of the photographer were questionable. I'm certain I could have taken similar quality shots myself, but then I wouldn't have been in them. For what it costs I'm not sure it's worth it. I'd rather have a local photographer outside of Disney if we ever do that again. A local photographer should be able to provide you samples of their work so you can see the quality of their photos before you schedule.

disneymom2000
05-12-2012, 11:05 AM
I wasn't too sure about doing the Photopass photographers as these pictures will be taken at the resort. I had heard about the Disney photog's but there is a budget constraint. I was hoping I could find someone in the local area to come do the shoot. I am really liking all your suggestions though. Thanks for chiming in.:rocks:

Disney Doll
05-15-2012, 10:59 AM
If you want a local photographer to do a shoot on location it's probably not going to be much cheaper unless you find someone new who is just trying to build a portfolio.