PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a DDP sit down meal?

Wolf
05-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Okay so I have run myself into a metaphorical wall with my planning, for our 10 day October trip I have so far picked out Ohanna twice (Dinner), Kona, Beach Club breakfast and dinner (both one each), Garden Grill, Boatwrights (Since we are staying at POFQ) and Tony's before the halloween party. We had planned on doing the AK breakfast in Africa because it would get us in the park early and such but I just noticed today that AK opens at 8 that day and so it wouldn't gain us any ground, and I read alot of reviews saying that place is awful...So here is my question, I'm trying to fill a gap, with something good for a sit down thats on the DDP. As it sits we are heading to AK early then MGM that night, but that isn't set in stone because we originally picked that because it would work with the Safari breakfast. Its just two of us, we are grown so charaters aren't huge for us, but we aren't opposed, we are trying to find somewhere for our last TS credit.

Help me Intercot-ers, you're my only hope!

SBETigg
05-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Sanaa at the AKL is good if you're dining when it's still light out, late lunch-early dinner. It has a fun atmosphere, plus animals to watch (best if you have a window seat). Short bus trip from AK and you could catch the bus to DHS directly after. Also, near DHS, Kouzzina on the Boardwalk is one that I really like.

cuteduck223
05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
if you're doing hollywood studios in the evening, maybe Mama Melroses. I know it gets mixed reviews, but the one time we went we loved it. Or, for more "disney" atmosphere, maybe 50's prime time.

As a side note: we really liked Donalds safari breakfast (and they have lunch now too) if you wanted to stay at AK.

vicster
05-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Boma at AKL!!!!

mook3y
05-08-2012, 07:08 PM
BOMA at AKL is our favorite breakfast buffet!

But, we usually try to use our TS credits for dinner as it is a better value. There are several places to eat at - BW, YC, BC and since you have parkhopper - don't rule out a dinner at epcot, there are many great choices there.!

ElenitaB
05-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Nice wall to have run into! :mickey:

Every restaurant has its fans and detractors. I wouldn't let negative reviews of Tusker House keep you away (unless you really don't care to have an early breakfast that day). I do agree with several posters above though: Boma DOES have one of the best breakfast buffets on property :eat: and Kouzzina is well worth a visit.

LandFan
05-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Boma or Sanaa - they are both great and would be easy to get to!:thumbsup:

Jared
05-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Everyone raves about Boma for breakfast, but I think it's even better for dinner. And I'll add another positive review for Kouzzina -- it's my favorite non-signature restaurant on property.

Wolf
05-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Alright since reviewing yall's votes we are leaning towards Boma for breakfast but later in the morning so we can get to AK early do a few things before the AMEMH makes it a sardine can and then we are thinking Boma brunch at like 1030am? Thanks so much for the opinions everyone! Now I just gota try to get a slot for a ADR later tonight!

minnie-mouse
05-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Yes Boma always gets great reviews. We plan on trying that on our next trip as well. Go for it! :thumbsup: