PDA

View Full Version : 9:30 departure flight

wendybird
05-08-2012, 12:41 PM
If we rush off the ship and have a town car to take us directly to the airport - can we make a 9:30 a.m. departure????

cajunprincess
05-08-2012, 01:47 PM
I would say no. You may actually want to schedule your flight more like noonish.

Belle of the Ball 051411
05-08-2012, 03:37 PM
In all likelihood you'd miss your flight. The previous poster's suggestion of a noon flight is a much better idea. :)

ElenitaB
05-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Unless you're booking your flights through DCL, I wouldn't chance it. Even if you make it back to MCO on time, you never know what kind of lines will be waiting for you at TSA.

Ed
05-08-2012, 10:32 PM
DCL recommends not booking any flight that departs MCO before 11:30am.

As someone who works at MCO and knows area traffic, I second their recommendation.

wendybird
05-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Yikes - looks like a 2:30 flight for us. How long can we "linger" on the ship?? Any suggestions as to what we (DH, DS7 and I) can do with all of that extra time? We will have no rental car and be transfering straight to the airport from the terminal...:(

DizneyRox
05-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Disney wants you off the ship as soon as you can, without access to your room it gets a pain lugging around all your valuables, etc. I am pretty sure the pools, etc are all drained to prevent people from lingering.

The airport is really large with all sort of shops to occupy time.

And BTW - I concur, not a chance you'll make a 9:30am flight off a ship at Port Canaveral.

GoldenDreams
05-31-2012, 11:33 PM
You cannot linger on the ship --- US Customs requires that you be ashore by 9:15 AM. If you breakfast in one of the dining rooms, they want you to take your luggage to breakfast and leave from there. We went to Cabanas, then back to our room to get our luggage and then left pretty close to 9. We noticed that the messages about leaving get less and less friendly as you approach 9 AM.

We went to Downtown Disney between the cruise and the airport, but we had a rental car. I don't think it would be horrible to hang out at the airport. It's pretty nice as airports go. It has lots of charging stations if your son has a DS or something like that.