PDA

View Full Version : Internet fee

ASweetLov
05-07-2012, 06:10 PM
I am staying at Pop in few weeks and was wondering how much does the internet cost per day at the resort.

VWL Mom
05-07-2012, 06:47 PM
There is now free WiFi at the resorts. :mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
05-07-2012, 07:42 PM
There is now free WiFi at the resorts. :mickey:

wow! when did this happen? :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-07-2012, 07:51 PM
This is a fairly new addition to the resorts, and it is a nice plus, instead of the daily fee for super-slow service!

TomDecapolis
05-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Just got back from the Pop. However it was super slow and if you were "offline" for more then 5 minutes it seemed to make you log back in and accept the terms. Wasn't too impressed...but again, it was free.

Melanie
05-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Just got back from the Pop. However it was super slow and if you were "offline" for more then 5 minutes it seemed to make you log back in and accept the terms. Wasn't too impressed...but again, it was free.

Exactly what's happened to me EVERY time we've stayed at the resorts since wi-fi became free. I just spent the weekend at Coronado Springs and spent more time re-connecting than on the internet. It is indeed annoying.

Ed
05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
We were at OKW this past weekend, and the wi-fi was actually fairly fast. We did have to accept the terms once each day, but that only took a few seconds.

Your mileage may vary, I guess. :shrug:

Melanie
05-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Your mileage may vary, I guess. :shrug:

I guess so. I think the only place I stayed where it wasn't as big a deal was Bay Lake. Definitely had issues as described at Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs x 2. I even tweeted about it. ;)

ASweetLov
05-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the information everyone! Hey if it's free, it's for me Lol even if its extremely slow:D

Goofy4TheWorld
05-08-2012, 08:31 AM
I have a question...

Now that WiFi is available for free, are the wired connections still working, and if so is there a charge?

I have always liked that Disney had wired and not wireless, I feel more secure using wired.

Ed
05-08-2012, 08:58 AM
We noticed that the network cable was still there in our living room at OKW, but didn't connect it to find out. :shrug:

JPL
05-08-2012, 09:56 AM
The wired connection was still working in December.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-08-2012, 12:29 PM
From what I can tell - wired access in the hotels has been discontinued everywhere except at Fort Wilderness. Fort Wilderness doesn't have WiFi, but their wired internet is now free.

January-2007
05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
This is so great. My husband does college online and our next trip might be mid-semester so we can go for DS's birthday. Now we won't have to worry about that extra per day charge for him to check in on his classes! Score!

Polynesian Dweller
05-08-2012, 09:10 PM
From what I can tell - wired access in the hotels has been discontinued everywhere except at Fort Wilderness. Fort Wilderness doesn't have WiFi, but their wired internet is now free.

Very slight modification, free wifi is available in the FW cabins but not the campsites.

MargaretMessler
05-08-2012, 09:24 PM

For free, I'll take what ever I can get. We're there to have fun out and about anyways, not sit in front of the computer. If I can get enough juice out of it to check on the new and research activities the night before heading out, I'm good.

#1donaldfan
05-09-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm glad it's free !! I have classes online and will be able to save a dollar or two !! YEAH !!:thumbsup: