PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Seeds Tour

KatrinaJ91
05-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Just wondering if anyone has done this tour. We are planning on doing it in June. My husband loves The Land and I thought he would prob like the tour. What are your reviews??

streets of paris
05-07-2012, 12:50 PM
great value! small group, terrific access to the greenhouses and plenty of opportunities to ask questions. this is a great way to take a Disney tour without investing too much time or money. I take it every time I go even though I've been on it several times ;-p

azcavalier
05-07-2012, 01:03 PM
My DW and I took it a couple of years ago. It was a lot of fun. More in-depth look at the greenhouses and aquaculture part. Not long and boring. Highly recommend it!

LandFan
05-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Have done it SEVERAL times! (like probably 5) I have taken my hubby, my mom, my niece (who was probably 12 at the time) and all loved it! I LOVE wandering around the greenhouses. If I get a chance, I might do it again this year!

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2012, 01:33 PM
We did this tour 3 years ago when our boys were 6 and 12. It lasted about an hour and was really very interesting. We all enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
05-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Loved it! Very informative and a great way to expand on the info you get on the boat ride. I'd recommend it to any fan of the ride.

Wolf
05-07-2012, 03:05 PM
My Mom has green hands, not just thumbs so she loves all things plants, I suprised her and booked that one year when we went for her birthday and she LOVED it, I dont know much about plants and I am responsible for many cacti deaths but I enjoyed it alot too! I love the living with the land ride and this was a huge version of that where you can touch things and take super good pictures!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-07-2012, 04:02 PM
MY DD and I are looking at doing this tour - how does one book? How far in advance? etc.

BugeyedMuggy
05-07-2012, 04:28 PM
You book it right near the entrance to Soarin'. The cost was very reasonable and there are discounts. We used AP. I believe they do them several times a day. We enjoyed it very much as we are ladybug lovers. We also learned alot of different planting/growing ideas.

MargaretMessler
05-07-2012, 08:11 PM
MY DD and I are looking at doing this tour - how does one book? How far in advance? etc.

I did this with a friend of mine back a few years back, we didn't book far ahead at all, I think we got tickets just a couple days ahead while we were already at WDW. You can always just walk up to the ticket counter, it is off to the left I think inside the Land pavillion, and check for same day availability.

I think it qualifies as a hidden gem that many people pass over but it was a lot of fun and pretty cheap, I'm pretty sure it was under $20 but that was 5 or 6 years ago.

Ian
05-07-2012, 08:32 PM
We just did it last November and we loved it! Can't recommend it enough. It's an amazing value and a really, really cool experience.

:thumbsup:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-07-2012, 09:56 PM
The WDW website lists it as still $18 for over 10. DD thought it looked pretty cool. So looks like we will be doing this during our June visit (hope the original poster gets as much of this as I have). Thanks all - will be figuring which day we are doing this after we get there.

Diznee4Me
05-08-2012, 01:15 PM
I did it a few years back and really enjoyed. As another post stated - you can get close and take a lot of photos. It was really fun to be a part of the exhibit as the boats came by. :D

KatrinaJ91
05-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! I booked it and can't wait to surprise my hubby!!

AllDisney
05-09-2012, 05:19 PM
We have done it a couple of times over the years. We really love it:number1: