PDA

View Full Version : Lines shorter at the end of the day?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
05-06-2012, 08:13 AM
We will be taking DD16 and her friend to both Disney and US/IOA early in June. The friend has never been to either place, so this will be great fun for DD who will love to "show her the ropes" at Disney. We've been to US/IOA a couple of times before, most recently the summer that the Harry Potter attractions opened. We will likely not be staying on property for the US/IOA portion of the trip (not an option due to cost) and are wondering if the lines to the major attractions are shorter at the very end of the day? Any opinions? Thanks!!

Kenny1113
05-06-2012, 09:51 AM
When we were there in Nov (it was a HP event, so maybe it is not always like this) the lines were the shortest in the morning. They stayed long throughout the day including the end.

wickedgin
05-06-2012, 01:48 PM
We were there a couple of days after Christmas this past year and the line for Forbidden Journey and Dueling Dragons were nonexistent in the evening. The wait for Forbidden journey had been over an hour (quite possibly over 2 hours, I can't remember) from open to dusk. Dueling Dragons didn't even have a CM (?) at the front of the queue line--one could just walk right on.

ETA: The line for Ollivander's was always long--like ridiculously long. I would hate to give bad advice, but if I were doing IOA again and my children cared about the wand experience, I'd probably make that my top priority and leave FJ for evening.

texas211
05-07-2012, 06:05 PM
We noticed some of the rides, like Spiderman had shorter waits in the late afternoon. Perhaps by then, folks have moved to the back, to the Studios, or the wet rides..

Spiderman had been about an hr wait at lunch, at 4ish, down to 20 min.